CHIEF KEEF Gets TOO HIGH to Explain His Lyrics on RAP GENIUS(LOL)

You'd want to understand why things are the way they are and how can you bring about change. I'm not blinding myself from facts. I don't dispute the facts. I just actually bothered to study the reasons behind the facts that way I can find solutions. You see more black people going to jail than whites and only that. I try to find out what leads to this disparity in the numbers. For example. A higher percentage of black people are poor than white. A higher percentage of black people don't have parents who graduated from college. A higher percentage of black people live in violent neighborhoods.

You say that Slavery and Racism aren't the reason why, but we still suffer from the effects it has on us. I'm not saying its an excuse, because we do have successful black people who come from rough neighborhoods, but it's not the norm and the playing field is far from level. Going to private school taught me that.
Thanks for explaining. I now understand that I haven't looked at the symptoms of blacks going to prison, but how do you feel the first black president(I class him as mixed race but hey that's just me) has dealt with the disparities between whites, blacks and Hispanic? Are blacks closer to being equal thanks to him?

You have to admit that BET was wrong for trying to change the laws to accommodate blacks.

Thanks for explaining. I now understand that I haven't looked at the symptoms of blacks going to prison, but how do you feel the first black president(I class him as mixed race but hey that's just me) has dealt with the disparities between whites, blacks and Hispanic? Are blacks closer to being equal thanks to him?

You have to admit that BET was wrong for trying to change the laws to accommodate blacks.

Not really I think he's looking for more whole sale solutions instead of race oriented solutions. I do believe he's done good for blacks by providing a positive role model and making a seemingly impossible dream obtainable.

The war on drugs thing I can kind of understand it. My sociology professor talked of something similar. I don't totally agree with it, but I do agree that there are some problems with the war on drugs. An example would be that you can get 10 times the jail sentence for crack as opposed to cocaine. It's also calling for treating drug addiction as more of a diseases.

Obama has actually been signing black-specific legislation via Executive Order. Executive Order -- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans | The White House

The problem is, black people don't need black-specific rules. We need equality. When the law of the land says all men are created equal, it should mean that.

Very true. But like I said before laws can not change how people think, so equality is hard to attain. It's like a black person goes for a job interview and does good but doesn't get hired because of his race, the interviewer is simply going to mark you down on anything he can. The black person gets marked down and won't be able to argue inequality since the interviewer will give legit reasons that he/she cooks up. This is the reason for affirmative action, but it leads to incompetent people, in a specific race, being hired just for the quotas. Obama is also in a delicate position where he can't show inequality, so he doesn't want to be favoring African Americans too much and loss his white voters.

Last edited:
i kinda feel like him right now, i was sober all day and then i go and pop some pills... now i dont know what to say... im about to stop this drug bullshit once and for all... sorry guys i was gonna try and share some stories but i gotta get my head together.

Back