CDs a NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

How about selling the download at the gig? At least Bandcamp has unique download codes available. You would sell a card that has the url and the code on it, so the fan would visit the website to download the music bought at the gig and would probably look around as well..

exactly you're suppose to have a whole merch table together
1.CDs
2.download cards
3.flash card for those who want more of a experience and probably more of a die-heart fan
4.t-shirts
5.hats
6.stickers
7.etc...
it's not about just having flash drives those are just part of the puzzle
alot of ppl just want to make music and try to sell it
they don't want to connect one on one with fans through email through skype...
I'm in the business of building relationships to build success
you hear ppl everyday say I love that artist...what if this could be actually true
because
1.that artist has spoke to them one on one
2. that artist has spent time with that fan
3.that artist loves their fans beyond music they have relationship together in Christ(this probably won't apply to most here)
as sex,drugs,money,fame is more important

blessings on the success of FP Fam
don't stop pursing your dreams,making them reality
what will you do after the music stops????I'm going to be on that Great Commission
I'm going to spend time with my fans ....
"Follow me and I will make you fishers of men" (Matthew 4:19).

2 deluxe album(songs not included in the original album) and 2mixtapes,exclusive videos,pics that can't be seen on any website
and you can have a link to your website..(ppl buy this kinds of things if they are die-heart fans and gifts for their sister,brother,mom who is a die-heart fans)
to each their own....
your market is not my market
two different playing fields, two different sports
and at shows you should have different kinds of mediums (somethings will sell better than others granted)
alot of ppl will tell you can't do this you can't do that...
and then accomplish your goals..despite all the negative chants
die-heart fans will buy deluxe/exclusive more expensive products
ppl call them haters
I don't call them anything...I just push on doing what I want to do
ppl said oh you can't start a studio/you can't make money off of selling mixtapes of local artists
did both..and accomplished my goals

do what you can do..don't let anyone stop you from going out there and putting your plans into actions
they may not had success in doing what you're trying to do..doesn't mean you won't
if you got the budget do what you want..spend it it's your choice
alot of ppl told the successful Rap Moguls they won't make it..but they did...music still makes money even at a indie level

1.The only “yes” you need to follow your dreams is yours.
2.You’ll regret it later in life, and if you’re delaying it, you’ll question yourself why didn’t you do it sooner.
3.Not following your dreams makes you feel unaccomplished. Eventually, this will stop you from dreaming altogether.
4.It will attract some attention, even from the naysayers ad haters. You will feel strong as you prove the naysayers wrong. As Walter Bagehot said; “The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.”5.People who follow their dreams are doers. Doers have more power to create, influence, and change their environment… and eventually the world.
6.Life feels more memorable, hence you feel/become more memorable.
7.Following your dreams might take unexpected turns, but those are the interesting and memorable challenges of living the dream.
8.Those challenges will help you grow as they make you step out of your comfort zone.
9.Dreams make you take chances, but chances can bring more opportunities.
10.Afraid about it? Good. Being afraid makes you feel more alive, so smash through that brick wall of fear. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Elbert Hubbard once said, “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
11.Your dreams and your actions define you. Don’t let others define you with what they tell you to do and not to.
12.You will inspire other to follow their own dreams, even if they know nothing about you.
13.Following your dreams makes you interesting.
14.Who doesn’t love to challenge the status quo?
15.There are no rules in life so why limit yourself to what everybody else is doing?
16.Accomplishing your dreams will spark even bigger dreams.
17.You feel you have something more to live for.
18.Even if your dreams fail, you’ll feel proud you gave it your all to accomplish them. Dreamers tend to fail, but they tend to learn more in life. You learn from failure. So, dust yourself and try it again.
19.It’s your life, live it under your terms!
blessing and love FP Fam

All these rappers say they got guns that spray off 16
I've got a Luke 9 that can take all 16
That's the Bible the one they quote
But they don't care about the author they think he's a joke.

Thank you for the motivational speech, but it doesn't necessarily translate into dollars.

1) People don't care whether your album is DELUXE or not. When you're at the indie level, it's just AN ALBUM. And when Lil Wayne's album is going for $10, your album's market value is between $3-$5. THAT'S A FACT.

2) People don't care about your exclusive pictures and iPhone videos of you eating breakfast, enough to PAY FOR THEM. Because they aren't gonna walk around looking at your pictures on their phone, nor reading your bio in their leisure. They're gonna LISTEN TO THE MUSIC. That's the only thing that matters to them.

3) At the indie level (not the major indie, but the indie), most of your fans AREN'T DIE HARD FANS. So those people won't pay a premium for your "exclusive content", that really has no value to them.

Your market for your Christian Rappers that you're trying to push is they same market as LIL WAYNE and CHRIS BROWN. Because I guarantee that the customers of LECRAE are the same customers of LIL WAYNE.

Same playing field...same sport. It's called THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.

Why would you sink that much money into a NICHE PRODUCT like a flash drive? You're assuming that the artist is gonna have 1000 die hard fans, that are gonna have the cash to drop almost $20, on $10 worth of viable product.

That type of product needs to be a made-to-order thing, that you order from a website, that's produced on demand. Advising someone to sink $5200 into FLASH DRIVES is ludicrous.

Motivational speeches don't make money. Viable business plans do. And the stuff that you're talking just isn't viable.

I invest in experiences with ppl beyond music\
I'm in the great commission movement
do you, I'll do me sir
Blessing to you

Last edited:
I invest in experiences with ppl beyond music\
I'm in the great commission moment
do you, I'll do me sir
Blessing to you

Well damn...you didn't have to take ur ball and go home. Friendly debate amongst music minds. For the greater good of the FP Community.

Well damn...you didn't have to take ur ball and go home. Friendly debate amongst music minds. For the greater good of the FP Community.

I'll be home soon as I go back with the Father,earth s not my home
I'm just visiting sir
I wasn't debating what you could sell to your target audience
I was telling the forum what I could sell to my target audience
true blood brought fans that are my target
those who only listen to true biblical based music...don't listen to Lil' Wayne
those find his music foul and disgusting
now if ppl who listen to secular music buy too great...hopefully seeds will be planted and discipleship can begin
again as I said this goes beyond the music with me...
with most on this forum it starts and end with the music (which is fine with me)
I'm just doing something different than that

I'll be home soon as I go back with the Father,earth s not my home
I'm just visiting sir
I wasn't debating what you could sell to your target audience
I was telling the forum what I could sell to my target audience
true blood brought fans that are my target
those who only listen to true biblical based music...don't listen to Lil' Wayne
those find his music foul and disgusting
now if ppl who listen to secular music buy too great...hopefully seeds will be planted and discipleship can begin
again as I said this goes beyond the music with me...
with most on this forum it starts and end with the music (which is fine with me)
I'm just doing something different than that

And I understand, because I do what I do for the same reasons...So God can use me in the manner that he sees fit.

But everybody's entitled to their beliefs about anything...even the the music business.

Best of luck. :cheers:

@Op: This is such a tough area to make a fixed decision on, for so many reasons.. I say have your music available on as many platforms as possible, so you are ready for whatever BUT don't invest too much into one area unless you are sure that you will see results from that direction. Test, test, test. Find an avenue of success, then scale it up..

Good Luck.

And I understand, because I do what I do for the same reasons...So God can use me in the manner that he sees fit.

But everybody's entitled to their beliefs about anything...even the the music business.

Best of luck. :cheers:

sorry I don't believe in luck but I understand what you're trying to say..
I'm about common ground..
I don't want to come off Holy'er than thou
I just feel that true Christian musicians aren't repping on the site
or maybe they aren't they're ashamed of their faith scaried of ppl attacks
I don't try to minister to ppl in posts...but I will never back down from repping Christ to the fulliest
my fans are also my bethren

this is struggle and fight I'm at war

sorry I don't believe in luck but I understand what you're trying to say..
I'm about common ground..
I don't want to come off Holy'er than thou
I just feel that true Christian musicians aren't repping on the site
or maybe they aren't they're ashamed of their faith scaried of ppl attacks
I don't try to minister to ppl in posts...but I will never back down from repping Christ to the fulliest
my fans are also my bethren

Or MAYBE...that this is a community for producers...and not for rappers.

That's what I meant by knowing your audience.

There are plenty of Christians on this site...PLENTY.

Just cuz they don't shove their beliefs down people's throat with every post doesn't mean they aren't here.

I believe in God/Jesus, and will tell anyone who wants to know.

Or MAYBE...that this is a community for producers...and not for rappers.

That's what I meant by knowing your audience.

There are plenty of Christians on this site...PLENTY.

Just cuz they don't shove their beliefs down people's throat with every post doesn't mean they aren't here.

I believe in God/Jesus, and will tell anyone who wants to know.

I don't shove it down ppl's throats(if you guys feel that way sorry) but in the rap/RnB section ppl talk about all kinds of foul and dirty stuff all the time..(which is for sure is shoved down ppl throats just by the songs posted and the lifestyle of these producers/emcees)
I see nothing wrong with giving ppl something different
believing in God isn't enough we are called to be on a great comission...singing/rap about all the women you sleep with,money,cars,jewerly that's not being on the great commission(not all artists are on that tip but it's seems to be the trend)
being true christian is not about showing off about how much you give,how many hours you spend helping the homeless,etc.

it's just about being visible to ppl where ever you are on the internet or on the street or at work

as always men will justifiy their actions to other men(their bad actions)
and why they don't proclaim their faith
I don't teach on wrath before I first teach on grace..this is after building a relationship

tons of rappers on here..
what this section
Rap/RnB community and all that it is
actions,beleifs, the actual music
the men and women who shape the rap/RnB community

and beliefs shape your character and what you do and say
and should be apperent to others off top

Last edited:
I read somewhere that soon people won't even want .mp3's... you'll have to make your music available in a streaming format...

They said people are getting so lazy that they don't want to download, go grab their ipod, find the cable, make a folder, drag the songs over...

They want the Pandora, Spotify, iCloud experience... and as data speed rates get faster... I can see people being that lazy.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Also I don't see what the necessity of having your music on iTunes is... it's a digital jukebox with a buy button... because it's on iTunes doesn't make it more "special"

... to me it means it'll get over shadowed by artists with a bigger name than yours because iTunes advertises the top artists.

"You can find my stuff on iTunes..."

"Oh really... okay"

... gets to iTunes

"Oh, I didn't know Wu Tang had something new out! ... what was that dude's name that told me to come here again?... ummm.... forget it, I'mma check out this Wu..."

Moral: If you were the only man in the club, you'd have all the women looking at you. Go to a club full of dudes, expect competition... don't send people to iTunes they'll end up getting apps, shows and books and everything except what you sent them there for. iTunes isn't the only "special" place anymore... Google Music and Amazon have apps too... so I don't see any benefit in an itunes logo. If you think it makes you look more professional then I guess standing in the cheese line with a Rolex on is how you roll.

"I got a Rolex on though..."

$0.02

Last edited:
As stated above there's really only 2 reasons I feel CD's are still around an there... "Cars and people who want a hard copies".

They'll be dead soon lol.

send ppl to your site and buy through your CDbaby store widget or through any site because you can put your CDbaby store widget on any site

send ppl to your site and buy through your CDbaby store widget or through any site because you can put your CDbaby store widget on any site

Yep and they won't be swayed by what's being advertised by iTunes...

I'm not big on Twitter but I always follow people back if they follow me... sort of a courtesy thing.... then you find out that they only followed you to spam you...

Who Unfollowed Me on Twitter? | Friend or Follow

Unfollow all nerds, skipscaps and scollywops...

This is even better - http://dossy.org/twitter/karma/

Get rid of your Twitter spammers... I just got rid of about 100 mf's... if you're a nobody and plan to try to follow and then unfollow... don't.

Last edited:
As a producer you need to keep a cd on you at all times. .. Here's my story: "i live in noth jersey .. I literallly took off from work and went shoppin one day.. And guesss who i ran into shoppping in paterson.... Jim jones! I approached while he was on the ohone with cam or somethin (lol) he was loooking at sneakers and i was like was good jim i produce iyou gotta hear my shyt i got playin on my mp3 right now he was just like"cd's only cd's only!" i ll never forget those words or my chance to make it big"

"send" people to your site?

Nobody's going to your site to listen to your music. If they ain't got your music in hand, they ain't gon go out of their way to find it.

That's just the reality of the situation.

Put that music on a CD, and sell them something tangible...or give it to them flat out.

But that whole "go to my website" thing doesn't work. Because they've gotten bombarded with about 100 other songs/artists on the radio/ipod/streaming before they even get home where they can go to your website.

Out of sight, out of mind.

That's the REALITY of how things work.

Back