Can personality affect your music career?

gescajadillo

I'm a fairly quiet and not always the most confident person in a room in front of people. Is it a bad thing if i'm not a people person and I mostly focus on crafting music and pleasing people that way?

Most creative people are naturally introverted.

I have no problem being social, because it needs to be done, but i don't prefer it.

If you want to succeed in anything you need to be confident in yourself. That's something that you need to figure out.

Getting people to rock with you as a person usually leads to them rocking with your music too, if you have good material

half of the succes i have achieved has been my personality. not to sound arrogant. but most djs in my city are boring as ****, robots playing house and electro, no disrespect to the genres, just gets killed in my city. we just **** around and play experimental hip hop and judo chop fight each other on stage. sometimes your personality makes you stick out. in a good way. also, if you do by luck meet a super good connection one day, your personality could be apreciated by certain people which maybe would want to work with you. that and obviously, musical talent for beats, songs or whatever your doing

You can be quiet and introverted but when it comes time to show and prove you gotta B passionate about your music and speak up cus other cats won't do that for you until they C you do it yourself. Naw, you good bro, tell you what though, the WORST way a personality can effect your music is if your OVERLY cocky, conceited and arrogant. The great Leon Sylvers III told me himself that arrogant cats may get in the game and make some noise but the real players don't wanna deal with that shxt, and if they do make it far, they'll get kicked on their way down when they start to fall off. Be confident but don't put so much weight in your skills and talent that you lose a job because an equally talented cat has a better attitude and outlook

Communication is everything - it is what your music is.

Linking up with people, you need to be able to at least communicate what you believe and what you can do, try not to sell yourself short, but at the same don't oversell yourself;

• selling yourself short can cause issues with people not knowing if you can do something, but can be quickly put to rights when you demonstrate that you can;
  • overselling yourself bites the moment you fail to do something you say you can do...

Learn the basics of interpersonal bullshitting - meet, greet, farewells, workplace patter - you can do this by observing other cats doing the same thing.

hang in there ges, we're in the digital age right now where people are having a harder time saying shit to people's faces, so you're in luck anyways. just make up for it with quality and your online grind. btw, if you're good don't hide in a cave, unless every person you tell about it looks as hot as rihanna, why give a flying fuçk what people think?

i used to give a **** what people thought and not post anything on my personal facebook.....got over it lol.

To sum up the entire music game.....

**** WHAT A NI**A THINK!

I tell my clients this all the time you have to use your mouthpiece, talk to ppl in the music scene in your city
get yourself out there.
I have clients that got amazing music but no connection with any artists...approach artists,other music business professionals,build relationships with those folks. beyond the usually twitter talk,and short comments.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rted/studio-upgrade-what-do-you-think-415775/

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
Music industry like a lot of jobs takes some sales skills, which luckily are easy to learn. It wouldn't hurt to read a book on sales. You can always take the soundclick route but it helps to be able to meet an artist, bs with them, pitch your idea of a song to them, read them to see what they would like etc etc. Me personally, I'm lowkey and would rather stay home and make beats but you learn to adapt.

i used to give a **** what people thought and not post anything on my personal facebook.....got over it lol.

To sum up the entire music game.....

**** WHAT A NI**A THINK!

posting on facebook actually shows how much you care about what people think in the first place

Yes.

I am a soloist... I cannot work with other people.

Ask FP.

I will remix your ish though. At leisure.

a lot of ppl rather not deal with artists/networking and all that but if you want to get your music out there you have to do it simple and plain
can't just put up a website and not do the work to get it seen.

I'm getting old and I don't do parties/clubs mess...but I will be promoting and doing praise parties soon for youth groups,church functions,etc...

and that will open me up to becoming a promoter for Christian Acts
I will have to be social...I'm not shy at all...
but yeah I rather be sitting on the couch with my family just kicking eating popcorn and watching Netflix.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rted/studio-upgrade-what-do-you-think-415775/

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
Back