calling all chicago producers & artists

T

Touch

yo whats the deal i was wanting to know how deep is the chi in here

just say whats up and what you do in the game

anyone from chi know where is the group called mad foul?

i'm a producer from the 100's but i live on the low end now

i got beats all kinds i dont put up my realy hot **** on the net but if you wanna hook up hit me up if you neeed some beats or trade some things

yo just trying to see what chicago is up to yo chicagoans what u use hardware or software or both

years ago hardware now i'm straight software maybe we can trade some thangs and samples

Last edited by a moderator:
Chi

I'll holla on that Chi roll call. Whatup dog. I don't think there are many here from Chi though, I only know of 1 more. Check this though, who did yo banner? (Good shyt)

What's up Touch? I just earned a degree in recording arts and I'm back in Chi-town now. Trying to find a gig some where but no luck. I also make tracks and want to sell my beats/music.

I run FL Studio and Cubase SX with my Delta1010 . I have some nice samle cds and vstis.

What do you do man? What kind of software/hardware you running?

fl 3.56,reason,sound forge,magix audio studio,a gang of vsts,and a midiman

yo um on the southside of chi-town where u at you do hip hop

hit me back maybe we can hook up i know this place on the southside that a person can flow or sing there.they are having a jam soon this singer i hook up wit will probally do it in two weeks
maybe we can hang out there or just vibe on some rhymes and beats

hit me back

I'm from the Chi and you could holla at me about letting me hear some of your music. this my first post and we in chicago need to form a coalition so we can take over the industry much like the south has done.:victory:

yo whats up shabazz whats the deal what side of town you from who u wit whats yo crew name who you working wit lets colab on somethin i got some weak beats for the net on sound click i got some way better shyt at the crib.

just click on the banner i could hook u up wit one of them also

i'm from chicago. i'm not a hip hop producer but i know a lot of people: pacifics, kevin fountain, seel, etc.

what up

yo whats up cus
hey have anyone heard of this click that used to call themselves mad fowl

What's the deal?

My name is PJilla from the southside (Englewood area)
I'm currently out in Oklahoma city getting my master in Computer information systems. I been make beats for a year and half now and i'm trying to start my own production company in 2005. I'm still learning more about different equipment and the nature of the music business. Most of my friends said my beatz are hot, but I know I need to step my game up to compete in this industry.

Equipment I have : Yahamha AN200 Desktop control synthesizer, Alsesis QS6.1 64 voice expandable synthsizer, Fruityloops Pro (beginner) , Cubase SX (begineer) , Gemini CDj-20 Cd Players with mixer/amp/speakers and a Dell Deminsion PC.

Like I said early I'm still learning and I'm to be one of the nicest producer from the CHI (Kanye West, NO ID, R Kelly). If y'all have any tips, let a brother know. I will be back in the CHI by end of next year. Hit me up!

Holla Back!!!

sup yall .im from the nw chi ceo /producer for ui records. if yall got any ideas holla at me im always open for **** to happen. here a list of what i got .
equipment: apple mac g3 ,paris emu mixing and editing software and hardware 128 trks recorder/mpc 2000/korg triton/emu planet phat /mackie hr824's/rode nt2 mic /joemeek pro channel vc3/technics 1200's blk/pioneer djm500 mixer/panasonic sv-3800

My name Yusef and im from Chicago. I've been producing on and on for the 8 1/2 years. I currently use a software based studio:
Laptop
Reason 2.5
Cubase Sx
Trilogy
All Native instruments Synths and Samplers
Various VST's & VSTI's
Yamaha controller
Chicago's got alot of talent and we as producers and artist should try to come together an set Chicago on fire do something big the time is now.
Also if any has tips tricks techniques they'd like to share don't be afraid to drop that knowledge on us.
Holla if anyone want to do something
Live in the Beverly:monkey:

i think everyone that has posted in this thread should add the info i added below it
and to all of that post here in this thread for the first time post in this order.(it would be much simplier)

introduce your self(nick name/ years producing/ accomplishments/ what side of the chi you rep/and what ever else you want us to know
list of equipment
link to your music and other related websites
pics of your studio(cause all of us would luv to see)if you got any!!

and from there we should all holla at each other and throw some ideas.network ya know!! everyone here should keep this board posted on whats going on .who knows we might even do meetings or something later on . im gonna invite several producer i know here from the chi .some are experienced and have indepent cd's they release out and some are just begining.yall should do the same we can do something big if everyone participates in some way or another.i like to think bigg so if yall down to do this ill even set up a chitown/illinios messageboard for producers.i think like a couple of yall said that chicago lacks networking we can do some damage if we was to put our heads together. let satrt off with this info if everything looks good then will all can have a chat meeting and see where we take this.im gonna post my info again below .everyone should do the same.we should also delete our old post so it wont be so confusing.to the original poster of this thread we love you .lol let see what we can all do to make **** pop.ready get set go!!!!

dj poor

introduction
sup yall i go by dj poor. reppin the nw side of chi. been producing since 96. got my own label under investigation records the link is at the bottom if you want more info on what we on.besides being the ceo and producing i also design that another one of my hobbies.lol
list of equipment
below are pics of my studio titled: AT LARGE cause we u.i niggas are fugittives.ya kno!!
equipment: paris emu mixing and editing software and hardware 128 trks recorder/mpc 2000/korg triton/emu planet phat /mackie hr824's/rode nt2 mic (not shown cause the
booth is up fo remodelin)ill post pics of the booth soon/joemeek pro channel vc3/technics 1200's blk/pioneer djm500 mixer/panasonic sv-3800 and... i think thats it.
pics of my studio
100-3144.gif

100-3146.gif

100-3139.gif

100-3142.gif

100-3143.gif

link to my music and to our label site
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/underinvestigationrecordsmusic.htm http://www.underinvestigationrecords.com

lets get **** popin!!

yo where are some of the places you guys go when you need some records to sample, any cool stores you may have heard of. i just go up north to doctor wax or something like that, anyone know where some cool stores just post them

peace

chi- town runnin it soon fellas kanye, twista, kells and others are paving the way for us get ready , i will

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont sample.but theres gramaphones on clark and diversey.the basement on cali and petterson.try those sotres.they have websites to so you should try to search for there sites.

I'm right around the chi in the burbs. I've been making beats and rapping since my sophomore year in high school. Granted I'm only in college but people like my ****. It's pretty commercial stuff like radio type ****. If anyone ever wants a cd, let me know.

Sample Spots

Touch said:
yo where are some of the places you guys go when you need some records to sample, any cool stores you may have heard of. i just go up north to doctor wax or something like that, anyone know where some cool stores just post them

peace

chi- town runnin it soon fellas kanye, twista, kells and others are paving the way for us get ready , i will

Try Dr. Wax in Hyde Park (Harpers Square). They cool. I hit a dusty spot in Forest Park, out west that I think is the best I've seen so far.

There's also a DR. wax by me in the burbs. Also, peep gramaphone on the north side. Don't exactly know where it's at but you can find it. AnywayZ, I'm about to go to the studio tomorrow and do some new **** with this girl who's a good singer. It's gonna be hot. I'll send it to anyone who wants it. I really gotta try to find Kanye West and see if he remembers me. Get my **** out there!!

Back