Black people don't do much...

B

biggrome

Tis all. If people judged us by our music... all we do is cheat, slang, pimp, shake, ... oh and spend money on the most ignorant ish anybody else can dream up. We like to put jewelry on our teeth and we can't afford belts for our pants. We like to get tattoo's and show off our malnourished bird chests and we'll have a crazy pitbull beside us for protection. We like more than one woman and we like to swipe credit cards down their cracks. A lot the dudes wear the same colors and hairstyles that the woman do. We like Caprice Classics and Monte Carlo's with SUV sized rims on 'em. We like to play our music loud and let our license plates rattle so it sound like we're frying bacon inside of the car. We don't have insurance on that car either. Our most prized possession is our new phone the we run over the minutes but pay enough to keep it on.

That's only if people judge us by our music. I never play rap if I'm going somewhere respectable and if people mention some rap or RnB artist, I act like I don't know who they're talking about. This lady at my job said she like Rihanna. I said "Who's that?"

dang
but they is mo than just gangta rap isnt there?
emo
backpack
trip
chill
sooner or later-book smart rap lol
wuts wrong with RnB?

I can really see this thread being misinterpreted quick.

I say this all the time..."embrace your culture...embrace who you are". People fear what they nothing of, so why should we tailor ourselves to please people who won't take the time to learn about our culture?

Life is a mixture of good and bad, not everything people experience will be of the utmost positive. It's reflected in the music.

Last edited:
I'm a proud HIP HOP fan...when people mention most mainstream "urban" acts, I actually am not very familiar with their music, unless they are of substance. Then I proudly say, yea I really like them too.

When people name all the negative stuff in mainstream RaP, I mention all the positive stuff occuring on the underground that they may not be aware of. We (blacks and fans of black music) are the ambassadors and have to provide a balance reality as far as Rap goes....

Outsiders are judging us based on Rap, but we should prove them wrong...not go along with it...That stuff you refer to is not the only thng popping off the in the World of HIP HOP....

and yes, I do like some stuff that could fit into that category, but there is much more out there...

Last edited:
sreetof17 said:
dang
but they is mo than just gangta rap isnt there?
emo
backpack
trip
chill
sooner or later-book smart rap lol
wuts wrong with RnB?

I tried to play an RnB song in my car the other day and the dude started talking about licking a girl "there". I almost ran off of the road trying to shield my kids ears.

Every song is about - Your man ain't got nothing on me, I love your girl, He can't do it like me, He cheated on me, I should've cheated, You man keep callin' me, Lets screw in this club, it's horrible.

I'm at war with all of this cornball music and it's writers / producers for another 2 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
biggrome said:
Tis all. If people judged us by our music... all we do is cheat, slang, pimp, shake, ... oh and spend money on the most ignorant ish anybody else can dream up. We like to put jewelry on our teeth and we can't afford belts for our pants. We like to get tattoo's and show off our malnourished bird chests and we'll have a crazy pitbull beside us for protection. We like more than one woman and we like to swipe credit cards down their cracks. A lot the dudes wear the same colors and hairstyles that the woman do. We like Caprice Classics and Monte Carlo's with SUV sized rims on 'em. We like to play our music loud and let our license plates rattle so it sound like we're frying bacon inside of the car. We don't have insurance on that car either. Our most prized possession is our new phone the we run over the minutes but pay enough to keep it on.

TRUE...

BUT!!!

Don't forget ORIGINAL; OLD SCHOOL HIP HOP!!!

BLACK FOLKS DIDN'T START PHUCKIN' OFF UNTIL CRACK AND GUNS WERE DELIVERED TO THE HOODS ACROSS AMERICA...

HIP HOP \ RAP USED TO BE ABOUT GOOD, CLEAN, FUN...:cheers:

Dot_Robinson said:
I can really see this thread being misinterpreted quick.

I say this all the time..."embrace your culture...embrace who you are". People fear what they nothing of, so why should we tailor ourselves to please people who won't take the time to learn about our culture?

Life is a mixture of good and bad, not everything people experience will be of the utmost positive. It's reflected in the music.

My culture displays everything I posted. Why would I embrace that.

Nothing will change... it's just embarrassing that my son will eventually be lumped in with the rest of these knuckleheads. He might want to look and act like them. I remember when rappers wanted to be seen as being intelligent.

Who remembers that? They even used to rhyme words out of dictionaries.

Okay, it's quittin' time for me. I'm out.

If people judge us by our music then it would have to be OVERALL, including Pop, R&B, Country, Blues & Jazz, nothing to be ashamed about at all.......

why is it that there is a little voice in the back of my head that is saying "the man" had more to do with the destruction of hip hop than the black man???

i think this shyt got manipulated...BIG TIME...

biggrome said:
I tried to play an RnB song in my car the other day and the dude started talking about licking a girl "there". I almost ran off of the road trying to shield my kids ears.

Every song is about - Your man ain't got nothing on me, I love your girl, He can do it like me, He cheated on me, I should've cheated, You man keep callin' me, Lets screw in this club, it's horrible.

I'm at war with all of this cornball music and it's writers / producers for another 2 minutes.

i can see where yu comin from NO homo to the perverts out there
it is some nasty music out there even for me, a yung teenage boy but thats life
my take on it is 'if yu dont like something either live wit it or stop complainin and do somethin'

think about it...

crack...

guns...

police brutality...

discrimination & racism...

poverty...

mis-education...

and lastish but not leastish...

Corporate America...

HIP HOP HAD TO TURN OUT LIKE THIS...

SMFH...

Rap

Design.Digi said:
think about it...

crack...

guns...

police brutality...

discrimination & racism...

poverty...

mis-education...

and lastish but not leastish...

Corporate America...

HIP HOP HAD TO TURN OUT LIKE THIS...

SMFH...

I am sad at the loss of music in the whole thing. When I first heard any rap I loved it. It was clever, it was funky, it was fresh. Now it's just profane and boring. The biggest problem for me (apart from the stupid themes) is the lack of musicians. Imagine all the great drummers out there who don't get heard. What we do get it a beat you could find on a free audio magazine CD, a crap bass line and then all the attention is on a piece of rubbish that is like McDs - tasted good for a minute - make that 30 secs. Vale Donny Hathaway.

I used to work at a lab and we had a vacation day, went white water rafting. The bus engine was noisy at a certain point and when it quieted down you could hear the radio playing Will Smith's just the two of us. The driver quickly changed it and apologized. I hate how rap is perceived by regular folks.

good point.....emo, backpack and other forms/sub genres dont widely apply since they are not widely represented by Blacks either. Very good points

Please i advise all of you to go watch "Crack Heads Gone Wild" not be be funny, but to look at an understanding at how bad this drug is and how it has effected the black community, this is the major downfall and its getting worse, an avage 95% of all Hip-Hop artist today talks about selling crack, dealing it, making it ect along with the use of guns and violence...........PS if you wanna know where most Hip-Hop is taking us, please watch this movie and get your education on! PPS, some parts is on youtube.

I love my culture & am proud 2 be black b/c it's not like every culture doesn't have ignorance. White people have KKK & rednecks, Muslims have terrorists, etc. Those people aren't the sum of their whole races & ours aren't either. People just always assume that with us. Every person involved with hip-hop isn't an embassal no matter what they want you 2 believe.

Back