Best rapper of 2016?

KiddFiber

Who do you think is holding the crown for 2016 so far? I'd have to say either Kanye or Drake. Both put out amazing albums and have been on top for some time now. I personally have to say Drake edges out Kanye but I wouldn't argue if someone said Kanye.
drake1.jpg

Future no question. After that then I'd say Thugger. Uzi is dope but cmon he just dropped one project that people decided to pay attention to and is being pushed hard by Atlantic. Whoever is able to run the mixtape circuit with the mainstream circuit always wins. As a former Kanye stan I feel like Kanye fell off very hard after Dark Fantasy and Drake is very meh to me the two lil dancehall songs he made helps my sets though.

Last edited:
No important albums have come out of 2016, so I guess we will have to talk singles. Personally I think Desiigner stunted 2016 so far.

Last edited:
I might have different ears, but I say Crooked I album was hot along with Torae, and then Royce 5'9. Kanye album was fire also. So those are my pics. Also came across this underground guy J Davon Harris. His joint is ????

Honestly I love the uprising of Token. The way he combines Eminem's speed with modern flow is great to hear since most rappers now days are going for slower songs as well as slower beats (This probably has to do with the heavy influence RnB has had on the rap scene in recent years). If you haven't seen his performance on the radio show Sway in the Morning you have to check it out of YouTube.

Bruh no, Token is absolute trash. Is he good with being technical? Yes. But he's also copying Eminem. Not only that, he raps a lot without saying ANYTHING. No story, no observations, nothing. He's good AT rapping, but he's a terrible rapper. I'll take slow flow with meaningful lyrics over fast rapping about nothing anyyyy day.

I Agree Token has murderous bars, the Sway session was complete madness. But can you really compare him to the above at the present moment, I think not? great shout tho!

Honestly I love the uprising of Token. The way he combines Eminem's speed with modern flow is great to hear since most rappers now days are going for slower songs as well as slower beats (This probably has to do with the heavy influence RnB has had on the rap scene in recent years). If you haven't seen his performance on the radio show Sway in the Morning you have to check it out of YouTube.

Back