Beats with sooooul!

Isk2009

DamnSonWhere'dYaFindThis?
I'm working on a beat right now that has a soulful feel to it. I've been trying to think of some other beats that have that feel to it so I can get more ideas goin, but the only one that ever comes to mind is Hustler muzik.

My beat has higher energy and uses heavier brass, but this is the kind of feel I'm aiming for.

Can yall point me to some other beats with this sound? Or you could just point me to some old school music like this?

Last edited:
definitely take a look at Cunninlynguists if you want them soulful joints.

Last edited:

[video=youtube;uijHb5U1pD8&feature=related]video[/video]

[video=youtube;mB-y3KLjJhA&feature=related]video[/video]

Heeeeeyyyy!
[video=youtube;SbNYyO26xlU&feature=channel]video[/video]

[video=youtube;KxFKtR-cXMc&feature=related]video[/video]

[video=youtube;Hit5Ihz4fGc&feature=related]video[/video]

Just to get some other folks started. I can go all day but......

Last edited:
^ thats def the direction I was aiming for, preferably a lil more uptempo but this is a good start. I was waiting for you to bring your ass in this thread, lol

Nvm the uptempo comment, this is good, lol.. especially that buck track

Last edited:
Listen to some J Dilla, Alchemist, Pete Rock and Jake One. Oh also take a look at some of Tribes songs e.g. Check the Rhime...

Take any oldschool/newschool soul sample-based producer...noone is better than Kno from cunninlynguists. NOONE.

Dude got so much consistent heat, it's beyond incredible.

Last edited:
@ Key that track is dope

N I cant believe I didn't think about duffle bag boy, thought its not as close.

I wasn't plannin on posting what I have done, but...Oh well. I'm still on the sound picking phase so its still pretty rough. N I'm not sure whats up with the frying upon rendering but I'll work it out.

http://www.divshare.com/download/13001874-43d

Really, Im sure that if I just add the right percussion elements I'll be satisfied enough to move on to the bass.

If you want to hear some soul listen to some soul. Listen to a lot of 90s r&b the stuff fused with hip hop is really soulful (Brandy, Mary J Blige, Monica, Montell Jordan, 702, 112, Blackstreet, Jodeci) shit like that.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

On another note its kind of depressing that our music has gotten to the point where someone has to ask a question like this one. Back in the day your shit just had soul to it or you didn't get any love for it. People just had soul to them.

^ Nah I'm prolly not a very good example to use. My overall knowledge of other peoples music has always been sub-par all around, lol. I'm pretty sure the majority of other people doing music in some way have a much better knowledge of these things than I do.

Thanks for the suggestions btw

Forget about Soul Bring back the Funk bring back that pimp shit people don't get funky no more... I wanna hear somethin funky.

Forget about Soul Bring back the Funk bring back that pimp shit people don't get funky no more... I wanna hear somethin funky.

I agree.

[video=youtube;HqV6K_TBhvo&feature=related]video[/video]

Somebody took off they wet, stanky ass shoes in this mother ****er!!!! Foos need to step they synth game up.
[video=youtube;EGJPwMCyr7c&feature=related]video[/video]

Give me a wet, nasty, farty ass single note every once in a while......I mean got dammit people!!! I don't ask for much...got damn!!!:banghead: The rent is too damn high!
[video=youtube;TzbWZcBNs90&feature=related]video[/video]

Last edited:
^ Nah I'm prolly not a very good example to use. My overall knowledge of other peoples music has always been sub-par all around, lol. I'm pretty sure the majority of other people doing music in some way have a much better knowledge of these things than I do.

Thanks for the suggestions btw
Most great music comes from the inspiration of others before them. Example Kanye West has influnced many a new producer these days. His influence was RZA heavily. RZA's influence was a lot of Pete Rock and so on. You hear it in their music the way they chop samples the drums they use ect. You especially hear the RZA in Kanye's early work. Learn some other music or even classic music. As future producers we should know more music than just our own genre or what we personally make. Nothing new is under the sun because we all make music influenced by someone else music is generational that way. That being said also go buy a turntable and start a record collection, go buy some cds from the 90s listen and study you will learn a lot more faster than you will asking on FP.

Most great music comes from the inspiration of others before them. Example Kanye West has influnced many a new producer these days. His influence was RZA heavily. RZA's influence was a lot of Pete Rock and so on. You hear it in their music the way they chop samples the drums they use ect. You especially hear the RZA in Kanye's early work. Learn some other music or even classic music. As future producers we should know more music than just our own genre or what we personally make. Nothing new is under the sun because we all make music influenced by someone else music is generational that way. That being said also go buy a turntable and start a record collection, go buy some cds from the 90s listen and study you will learn a lot more faster than you will asking on FP.

Yeah I hear you. In a way, I am kind of glad that I have been so ignorant to knowing who did what because it made it easier for me to develop my own sounds and habits with limited influence. Its not so much that I just plain don't know other peoples works, I just can't always label them properly, lol. But you're right I probably would benefit from studying some great old school producers, especially at this point where I am totally comfortable in my own beat making process to where I can observe their works without feeling like I have to mimic what they do.

I really just need to find a place to start...to find beats to study from back in the day that really capture my attention and personal taste.

Back