Anyone here into horrorcore?

sleepy

I need someone that is willing to listen to some material, provide feedback, and answer some questions.

Might have material soon, might not, it's up in the air at the moment. I'd like to have someone lined up anyways.

Hit the thread or PM, whatever's clever.

sleepy said:
I need someone that is willing to listen to some material, provide feedback, and answer some questions.

Might have material soon, might not, it's up in the air at the moment. I'd like to have someone lined up anyways.

Hit the thread or PM, whatever's clever.

i will listen to your stuff, but my first bit of advice would be try a different genre or try this post in a different section of the forums.

Yeah, I thought about moderating myself.:D

I still lean towards this forum because it's going to be rap though it's obviously not radio-friendly stuff. I'm not familiar with the genre as much as I'd like to be and I'll need ears familiar with horrorcore yet in touch with other rap sub-categories.

Horrorcore was a term coined by Russell Simmons. He referred to horrorcore as being "hardcore rap with some horror movie themes". Russell Simmons tried to experiment with this thought, thus creating The Flatlinerz.

Though some Horrorcore rappers become widely known (see Insane Clown Posse), most Horrorcore record labels, acts, and artists rarely sell over a few hundred records (exception: Psychopathic Records). It has a lot to do with the fact that many people may be appalled by the lyrics, and that the topics being rapped about are still taboo (e.g murder, necrophilia). Alternatively, it could be suggested that such heavy-handed lyrics with lyrics that are a mix of serious and humorous, or of strongly fictitious nature, such as the occult, satanism, and so on. In this case, low sales could be blamed on a lack of promotion and an overall amateurish presentation which would not be enough to hold the attention of a mature audience.

I wiki'ed "horrorcore" and found that cause all I know about it is ICP and I remember seeing the thing with Russel Simmons and The Flatliners and people were against it and werent feeling the video with the artists rapping and laying inside graves . . .

Are you working with some "horrorcore" artists ?

Last edited:
GRAVEDIGGAZ NIGGA! 6 FEET DEEP!

Nah, RZA tried that... I bought it... and it was some sick ish...

took me out of my comfort zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
....i dont listen to mainstream music, only underground hip hop, wicked **** and detroit ****

shoot me a link ill peep it

H&R said:

I wiki'ed "horrorcore" and found that cause all I know about it is ICP and I remember seeing the thing with Russel Simmons and The Flatliners and people were against it and werent feeling the video with the artists rapping and laying inside graves . . .

Are you working with some "horrorcore" artists ?

Yes, I am working with a horrorcore artist. Thanks for the info. Interesting stuff on the link, the business part I already had in mind. Delivery is key here.

CrAcKa-JaCk said:
shoot me a PM wit a link.

I'm down for any kind of music.

There's nothing solid done at the moment. I'd actually have to look through the files since I don't remember what's done. Been a minute since anything was done. A lot of planning has been going on, contacting people, etc...

stircrazy said:
....i dont listen to mainstream music, only underground hip hop, wicked **** and detroit ****

shoot me a link ill peep it

Exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully you stick around when we get the ball rolling.

xtrordinare said:
yo sleepy, you talkin about some brotha lynch type music?

That's exactly it.

sleepy said:
Yes, I am working with a horrorcore artist. Thanks for the info. Interesting stuff on the link, the business part I already had in mind. Delivery is key here.

I'd be interesting to here if you decide to post it up for everyone to listen and review . . . I'd give an honest un-biased opinion . . . Just hit me up in a PM incase I don't check back to this thread . . .

I'll eventually contact everyone privately. There's not much of anything that I work on that I am free to make public which is why I wouldn't be able to make a thread and post tracks up for review.

Thanks to everyone that has shown interest so far.

By the time I have something this thread will likely be dead. So I'll be bookmarking and getting at people.

biggrome said:
GRAVEDIGGAZ NIGGA! 6 FEET DEEP!

Nah, RZA tried that... I bought it... and it was some sick ish...

took me out of my comfort zone.
One of my all time favorite albums!

RickyRaw said:

i will listen to your stuff, but my first bit of advice would be try a different genre or try this post in a different section of the forums.

when i posted this i thought this was some kind of rave music. i had never heard of this as a genre of hiphop.

shoot me a link, im all over that ****, brotha lynch, devious, x raided, old geto boys, not icp tho. I just aint feeln them. Lol at horrorcore being rave music..

funny u mention this i started listening to 6 ft deep only last night.
i must of been cycling back from my mates, crazy high on some hydro ish and listening to it.. ****ed with my mind i tell ya!

I had sex with yo mama's corpse/
then lit it with a torch/
stuck the the candle up her pu$$y/
watch it burn the bushy

yeah. White boys can't even come up with that. Oh, wait they can.

Laffy Taffy > Horrorcore
never thought id say that but its true. Id take laffy taffy anyday over eatin pulsating baby organs

Back