Anyone else quit making trap beats?

ego killer

i somewhat recently quit making trap beats for a number of reasons.

a few reasons:

there's too many of them, supply to demand ratio probably like 10,000 to 1

i look at a dude like zaytoven, who's the ****, and he's been doing this for over 10 years, by the time i'm at that type of level trap will be dead.

dj mustard. once i heard him it clicked "i don't have to make these ****ing trap beats!"

i'm working with a crew of rappers right now. we're from massachusetts. no one wants to hear trap from massachusetts.

i'll try to come up with more reasons later.

i'm working on my own sound now, trying to bring that regional flavor like mustard does for cali. (NOTHING like mustard though, he's not an influence soundwise, just an influence to take my own lane) it's got a ways to go but it's coming along nicely.

Never really started.

I stopped making BEATS back in 2010-2011, and started making SONGS.

This is what I do now... That white girl money.

Just make what sounds good and what the artist you're working with likes. There's still room in the world for a great sounding trap record like there's still room in the world for a great sounding record with soul samples or some old school sounding boom bap. If anything I'd agree the trendiness of trap is on a decline, but if it's what you do well(rather than what you do because it's cool), why not stick to your guns?

i somewhat recently quit making trap beats for a number of reasons.

a few reasons:

there's too many of them, supply to demand ratio probably like 10,000 to 1

i look at a dude like zaytoven, who's the ****, and he's been doing this for over 10 years, by the time i'm at that type of level trap will be dead.

dj mustard. once i heard him it clicked "i don't have to make these ****ing trap beats!"

i'm working with a crew of rappers right now. we're from massachusetts. no one wants to hear trap from massachusetts.

i'll try to come up with more reasons later.

i'm working on my own sound now, trying to bring that regional flavor like mustard does for cali. (NOTHING like mustard though, he's not an influence soundwise, just an influence to take my own lane) it's got a ways to go but it's coming along nicely.

mustard still make trap beats tho

I don't make them very often lately, but when I do they usually get great feedback and lots of views/plays but they rarely get leased or sold as much compared to other styles of beats.

I do a variety of things. Trap has kinda influenced some of my drum patterns and sound selections. I say focus on what sounds good to you and make the type of music your target market would like to hear

Back