Any take on Myfreecopyright.com? (Troup, Legal, Deranaged???)

TonyBlu

Just was wondering is this a good site for artist/producers to copyright their work? I know the best way is to go to copyright.gov, and do it there, but I was just see is this temporary solution for some?

Why would you fall for something like this? There is only one legit way and thats the Library of Congress.
The poor man copyright works too, but to ensure protection - Library of Congress.

It only takes 5 mintues to fill out a (PA Form) and you can do it electronically now.

Last edited:
Why would you fall for something like this? There is only one legit way and thats the Library of Congress.
The poor man copyright works too, but to ensure protection - Library of Congress.

It only takes 5 mintues to fill out a (PA Form) and you can do it electronically now.

Couldn't agree more. Gotta be wary of the word "free" sometimes.

I believe its been stated on here before that the "Poor man's" copy right is not legitimate and will not hold up in court. You can take a bunch of empty envelopes and send them to yourself then stuff the envelopes later with your supposed material. Only legit way is U.S. Copyright Office.

Just was wondering, someone hit me up telling me they get all their stuff copyrighted over there and I'm wtf is it legit?

lmao dudes really aint tryna pay for anything anymore wow

RIGHT!!!!

Why on earth would you not want to pay the $35 to protect your work? You pay more for that on dinner.

So to the OP, HELL NO IT'S NOT LEGIT!!! THERE'S NO ALTERNATIVE TO COPYRIGHTING YOUR WORK!! THE ONLY SOURCE TO COPYRIGHT IS THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS!!!

And you can even do it online now. SO DO IT!

Yep, agree with everyone else on the thread its better to do things official and get this notion of 'trying to get over' out of your head and get your 'legal dollaz' up! This is not the music business, its the BUSINESS OF MUSIC.

Not really. I just had a heated discussion with an artist, and he was telling me that place is the best place to go to. So I just had to ask to find if this is better than copyright.gov?

Not really. I just had a heated discussion with an artist, and he was telling me that place is the best place to go to. So I just had to ask to find if this is better than copyright.gov?

artist are the last people you should ask for adive when there's money involved

RIGHT!!!!

Why on earth would you not want to pay the $35 to protect your work? You pay more for that on dinner.

So to the OP, HELL NO IT'S NOT LEGIT!!! THERE'S NO ALTERNATIVE TO COPYRIGHTING YOUR WORK!! THE ONLY SOURCE TO COPYRIGHT IS THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS!!!

And you can even do it online now. SO DO IT!

Problem is $35 dollars is a lot to most of the kids on here. Strange how that is since nowadays this generation are all going to be future billionaires. Can't get there cutting corners. Here is an easy solution...stop wasting money on the weed and put that money towards a copyright.

Problem is $35 dollars is a lot to most of the kids on here. Strange how that is since nowadays this generation are all going to be future billionaires. Can't get there cutting corners. Here is an easy solution...stop wasting money on the weed and put that money towards a copyright.

You mean the same kids that wear $200 Jordan's, play $600 Playstations, and have every version of the $65 video game Call Of Duty??

I believe its been stated on here before that the "Poor man's" copy right is not legitimate and will not hold up in court. You can take a bunch of empty envelopes and send them to yourself then stuff the envelopes later with your supposed material. Only legit way is U.S. Copyright Office.
Isn't that what I said ...lol

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

damn, you really needed the elite of this forum to get an answer to this question, didn't you ?
There is no elite of this forum .Stop with this forum worshipping.

Last edited:
You mean the same kids that wear $200 Jordan's, play $600 Playstations, and have every version of the $65 video game Call Of Duty??

Yep. Those kids. Isn't it evident by how many times this whole copyright question has come up? Everyone is looking for a shortcut.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Isn't that what I said ...lol

Not quite..."The poor man copyright works too, but to ensure protection - Library of Congress." The poor man's copyright won't work.

Maybe cats can start slippin' a free copyright .pdf file into the next J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League drum kit.

Sounds legit.

Peace.

Back