Any body think lil wayne blows

Smh, I ain't liked Wayne since Carter II. I've NEVER thought that he was the best rapper alive though I can C why others think he is. There was a point of time where the more punchlines a rapper could fit in a sentence, the better and more talented people considered them but I feel like 9/10 Wayne has sacrificed substance for flows, punchlines, etc. There are different types of rappers though, Lil Wayne jus ain't my cup of tea. Thats my 2 cents..

The Carter 3 was the last good record he ever did. It had alost of filler tracks but also many memirable tracks like "Mr. Carter, 3 Peat, A Milli, Let The Beat Build, ect". But now its like he just mass produces his songs. There isnt alot of songs from him in 2011 that beats his older tracks.This is the same for every other artist. They make a song and after 1-3 months nobody listen to it anymore. I still bump "I'm Me" on the Iphone from time to time.

Last edited:
People still try to judge artists based on the standards of the golden era where artists would have been tainted by putting out bullshit, but it's too late to call people wack for making sell out shit when the whole genre has crossed over, it's normal now to see talented hip hop artists drop real shit one minute and make absolute garbage the next, because with the old self regulating hip hop quality control system of the 90's being long gone artists can now do no wrong and anyone judging by the old standards is just a hater.

not to mention the fact that there's been a lot of bullshit and selling out back in the golden era too.

Started to listen Lil' Wayne as a solo artist after the 1st drought mixtape came out and he got better as time went on. The first two Carters was great to me and the mixtapes in-between (Lil' Weezyana vol. 1, The Dedication series, Da Drought series, Blow W/ Juelz, The Color Of Money, The Empire mixtapes including the leaked The Carter 3 sessions) but after the third Carter he switched up his flow which is encourged in hip-hop no doubt but he changed it for the worse... like i couldn't even listen The Carter IV cause it was just plain garbage to me. Filled with filter tracks and sub-par dumbed down lyrics, its amazing how people can listen to ''she will'' and actually like it. He fell off lyrically and/or he dumbed down for radio spins.

Last edited:
he is a superstar, a household word <> i like his joint about being so high he could eat a star ;-) i dont own a single bit of his work <> i have heard from a few people i know that have their fingers on the pulse of rap music say his early albums are really worth a listen <> his new joints are not relevent to my interests

yoooooo dont get it confused ppls...please understand lil wayne makes music that sales. thats y his music is sooo much different than the music he had back in the day with hot boyz. im from Baton Rouge(right above N.O.) where it all started for him so i been knowing about lil wayne for years waaayy before he was even close to where he is now. he has the talent to speak some serious lyrics but the guy thinks smart in terms of money.

he is in the mind set of growing his name and Young Money. so what does that mean?

- make music thats trending
- music that sales
- music that promo sex(of course)
- music that makes ppl believe that we are going to a next level of things
- as far as hiphop - hiphop is apart of music, apart of life, meaning it will grow and as time goes on gain a more unique meaning.
remember the music wayne creates came from hiphop so its a cousin or a son of it to put it in visual.
music isnt "just" about meaningfull lyrics anymore
its not that he just throwing lyrics up for fun, they do it with a money maker mind not for a message(sry to say)
im pretty sure at this point in his career he is having fun making any random song he wants... no matter what it is(think about souljaboy on this one)
these ppl have so much cushion that it doesnt matter what they put out as long as it sales.
some ppl will accept that, others wont..thats life. i love both.
but wayne can be very lyrical dont sell him short

Im not hating just stating my opinion...he isnt that good of a rapper...i love when he calls himself the best rapper alive when he doesnt even write half his stuff and dont say he freestyles cause dude cant freestyle for ish...look up westwood lil wayne freestyle on youtube then check out Cudi's...Cudi all the way, and yes I brought kid cudi up haha
Kid CuDi Can barely be called rap at least Wayne does that much.

Oh and the Carter 1/2 are some of the best projects dude has dropped in his entire career.
Seriously great albums no bias.

Last edited:
I feel this, that album is dope. He has had some good songs after that but in my opinion nothing comes close to that album
Usually on FP I feel like my opinions on music are way off from everyone else. I'm glad so many people up here recognize the how hot Carter 2 was. Especially when it wasn't one of his more successful albums. That album is wayne at his best and never been duplicated in his work IMO.

I still check for what wayne drop becasue I was a fan back in the day, so I keep hope that occasionally he'll drop a hard track that he actually puts genuine effort into lol, but yea the overwhelming majority of his music that he's put out in like the past 5 years has been disapponting

the carter 2 was good but the carter 3 is waynes best album by far imo because that is when he was the most innovative and trendsetting.

Back