Andre 3000 has yet to prove he has lyrics?

Has Andre 3000 proven that he is a top tier emcee?

• Andre 3000 has proven that he has quality lyrics (i.e. he's a top tier emcee)

Votes: 54 90.0%
  • Andre 3000 has not proven that he has quality lyrics (i.e. he is not a top tier emcee)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • You cannot decide whether he has proven that he has quality lyrics

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

TheLetterL

$olid Cold was saying how good the instrumentation was on Pretty Ricky's first 2 albums were. In fact he said "those are the best 2 albums I have ever heard." The obvious aside, I said "well if you are speaking strictly in terms of instrumentation, then you are selling "The Love Below" short (which was made mostly in Reason by the way)." then he responded with the following:

"I HAVENT HEARD THAT CD YET, PROBLY BECUZ 3000 HAZ YET 2 PROVE HE HAZ LYRICS. ILL CHECK IT OUT 2 C WAT IT SOUNDZ LIKE, THEN ILL FEEDBACK YO OPINION. BUT I DOUBT IF IT COMEZ CLOSE 2 THEM CDz. BY THE WAY, THEY HAVE SOME UNRELEASED SONGZ THATS BETTER THAN THE 1z ON THE ALBUM. {WET DREAMS, TOO YOUNG, ON THE ROCKS, MAKIN MUSIC, SEARCHIN FOR LOVE, etc.}"

I respect opinions, but please tell me I haven't lost my mind. Or at least tell me that he has lost his. So I told him that I would take it to the polls. So here it is: Has Andre 3000 proven that he has lyrics? Has he not proven that he has lyrics? Can you not decide?

I agree with ChaseNCashe... The Love below was pure fire. I didn't know it was made mostly in Reason though. Peace S II

so you really did make the poll... what that dude said... (In Big Boi's voice) Oh that was VERY disrespectful!!

Mr 3 Stacks has proven himself many times.
Slap that dude in the head.

Last edited:
Notice that $olid Cold has not been to this thread. I'm glad to see that common sense is in order

ROID-RAGE said:
why is this even a thread?..3000 been killin' it for a long time.

Because I had to make sure that I wasn't crazy and I had to prove a point to somebody...

$olid...notice that he said "a long time"

3000 ain't even new...maybe you just didn't hear anything before he was calling himself that. I dunno. But you definitely missed something.

Here, ya'll can see for yourselves...

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48286950#post48286950

Last edited:
LOL @ a nigga even questioning 3K's lyrical ability...smh.

SixCinco said:
Never was big on 3000. To me he in the same boat as Luda. Good MCs with alot of potential.

I think maybe cats aren't doing their research. I wasn't huge on Luda either until 4 years ago on We Got from Chicken N Beer when I heard this:

"**** a medic, we gon' call yo ass a taxi cab
Bleedin so hard you'll need a life size maxi pad
So flip the script and tell your woman its your time on the month
A.K. 47 for the niggaz who's really looking for heaven and a 9 for you chumps
Got killaz in my squad and I'm the nicest one in my group
But I got bananas for you niggaz and I ain't talking bout fruit
I'll peel your CAP BACK with the BLACK MACK
Till your BACK CRACK, **** the GAT BACK like... CLAK CLAK CLAK
Swallow a hallow make 'em digest with a 50 caliber
Yo futures not looking so good, tomorrows not on your calendar
I, do away with the amateurs, they breathing too long
I'll leave 'em coughing like the sound effects you hear in this song
My Shotguns are cold and hard, but my Desert is easy
And my triggers are always talking about some squeeze me, squeeze me
And for these fakers talking greezy, I'm starting the show
My Uzi got a drum roll, it goes..."

Or how about this from Big Boi's Boom of The Tomb off Speakerboxxx:

"Ya'll drivin Subaru's/
Stuck in your cubicles/
I'm stuck in the air/
With weed crumbs under my cuticles"

Oh you want some 3 stacks too?:

"So I typed a text to this girl I used to see
Sayin' that I chose this cutie pie with whom I wanna be
And I apologize if this message gets you down
Then I CC'ed every girl that I'd see-see 'round town
And hate to see y'all frown, but I'd rather see her smilin'
Wetness all around me, true, but I'm no island
Peninsula maybe
It makes no sense, I know crazy
Give up all this pussy cat that's in my lap
No lookin' back
Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors
They dip as quick as they can
The atmosphere is now ripped
I'm so like a pimp (Pip), I'm glad it's night (Gladys Knight)
Stole the light from the sun
Would not burn me on my bum
When I shoot the moon
High jump the broom
Like a preemie out the womb
My partner yellin' "Too soon! Don't do it!
Reconsider! Read some liter-ature on the subject
You sure? **** it
You know we got your back like chiroprac-tic
If that ***** do you dirty
We'll wipe her ass out in some detergent
Now hurry hurry
Go on to the altar
I know you ain't a pimp, but pimp remember what I taught ya
Keep your heart, three stacks, keep your heart
Hey keep your heart, three stacks, keep your heart
Man these girls is smart, three stacks, these girls is smart
Play your part... play your part"

And don't dismiss it because it's over your head...you can go to Wikipedia and find out what a peninsula is.

2 people should be slapped... the 1st person should be the maker of this thread and the 2nd is the person voted against 3 stacks

To say that 3stacks has not lyrics is like saying that MJ wanst the greatest ball player of all time. Has he every realy sat down and listen to an outkast album?!! or is he bassing this off radio songs? even if he's doing that did he realize that in that i choose you song with ugk drea's veres was sooooooo hot that had to play it without the beat!!!?

Icewater Productions said:
To say that 3stacks has not lyrics is like saying that MJ wanst the greatest ball player of all time. Has he every realy sat down and listen to an outkast album?!! or is he bassing this off radio songs? even if he's doing that did he realize that in that i choose you song with ugk drea's veres was sooooooo hot that had to play it without the beat!!!?

But can't you guys see why I had to take it here? Like have you ever seen something so f*cked up that you had to show somebody else? That's why they invented camera phones.

Like this was that type of situation, like somebody else had to see what this dude was saying to believe it. And the dude still hasn't had the balls to say anything on this thread or anything else on the other one.

Then he had to go and say that the Prett Ricky CD's were better than Outkast's whole catalog. Stick yourself!

He knows he's wrong.
Either that or he's actually taking the time to listen. I mean just lock yourself in a room with the whole Outkast catalog, B-sides, remixes and everything and just reconsider what you said. If you come back and just admit that you were trippin, I'll leave it alone.

this guy obviously hasn't listened to OutKast

maybe he meant Dre as a singer, but even then he be killin it imo

Dre has substance, a nasty wordplay, ill punchlines, and a smooth ass flow.. everything u can ask for in a lyricist. plus his **** was just mad catchy

and Pretty Ricky? please....

and who voted NO??? Show yo face!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back