American Gangster Remix Album Contest- Details inside

J

Jersey8five6

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/contests/id.125/title.american-gangster-remix-album-contest

American Gangster Remix Album Contest

2007-12-03 - 2007-12-31

Most of you probably haven’t heard Danger Mouse & Jemini’s Ghetto Pop Life, that is because it came out before The Grey Album. Before he was climbing the charts producing for the Gorillaz, DangerDOOM and Gnarls Barkley, Danger Mouse was just another producer trying to get his name out. It was remixing Jay-Z’s The Black Album into the controversial Grey Album that put him on the map.
Now it’s your chance to make your mark remixing Jay. The American Gangster acappella’s are here and waiting to be recreated. HipHopDX loved the creativity with The Black Album remixes so we’re getting involved this time. Remix American Gangster and submit to HipHopDX.com before December 31st and you’ll have the chance to see it marketed worldwide. Our staff and readers will vote and choose the best, we’ll take the winner and create the artwork and distribute to millions across the web for free download. We will also press up 500 copies and have our street team give them out across the US.
Download the American Gangster acappella’s right HERE.
When you’re ready to submit, upload your mixtape to yousendit.com, ******.net, *********.com, etc. and email the link to music@hiphopdx.com. Once again, the deadline is December 31st and no later. Voting will take place in early January.

HHDX TRIVIA QUESTION:

Jersey8five6 said:
street team give them out across the US.
Download the American Gangster acappella’s right HERE.
When you’re ready to submit, upload your mixtape to *.com, ******.net, *********.com, etc. and email the link to music@hiphopdx.com. Once again, the deadline is December 31st and no later. Voting will take place in early January.

HHDX TRIVIA QUESTION:

anyone else find it odd that HHDX is giving a free link to a product that is sold in stores. thats a little messed up.

It is just a pella

When they talk about Danger Mouse's Gray album being a remix
I always though it was a mash-up.
Taking music from 2 or more albums and making it one.
Remixes seem to be more people putting their own music over a pella.

Last edited by a moderator:
That deadline is real tight for how many? 12 plus remixes. I"ll pass. I got other projects I'm already committed to.

I'll fux with it, I already done made a whole remix of the blue print, but didn't release it because I planned to use some of the beats on a real album lol... only one I put up was the hola hovito remix, but chea... I have some good ideas...

Ima use Live insturments in this **** and come with a diff feel...

too many tracks.. so many other projects (in which i actually make money)... so little time.... sounds like a waste of time to me... no offense

Predege said:
too many tracks.. so many other projects (in which i actually make money)... so little time.... sounds like a waste of time to me... no offense
where is toppenish? ive heard of it too many times and have no idea where the hell its actually at

Do you have to have all tracks selected as a winner? The chances are real hard if you have to be selected for the whole album as opposed to a track or two.

Xabiton said:
where is toppenish? ive heard of it too many times and have no idea where the hell its actually at

wikipedia tool bar... get that ****, foo'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toppenish

Toppenish, Washington

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Toppenish)
Jump to: navigation, search
Toppenish, Washington
Location of Toppenish in Washington Coordinates:
18px-Erioll_world.svg.png
46°22′44″N 120°18′43″W / 46.37889, -120.31194 Country United States State Washington County Yakima Area - Total 1.9 sq mi (4.9 km²) - Land 1.9 sq mi (4.9 km²) - Water 0.0 sq mi (0.0 km²) Elevation 758 ft (231 m) Population (2000) - Total 8,946 - Density 4,762.7/sq mi (1,837.3/km²) Time zone PST (UTC-8) - Summer (DST) PDT (UTC-7) ZIP code 98948 Area code(s) 509 FIPS code 53-71960GR2 GNIS feature ID 1512732GR3 Website: www.toppenish.net Toppenish is a city in Yakima County, Washington, in the United States. As of the 2000 census, the city population was 8,946.
Contents

[hide]
//
[edit] History

Renamed in 1907 to the City of Toppenish, the town of Toppenish transformed after being divided and subdivided from an 80-acre allotment of land granted to a woman of ½ Indian ancestry, Josephine Bowser Lillie “The Mother of Toppenish” by The Allotment Act of February 8, 1997. Lillie platted the north 40-acres of her land and these tracts became the first deeded land to be sold on the reservation.
Prior to the act’s implementation, all territory set aside by the Treaty of 1855 was in the name of the tribe. None of the land was individually owned. The treaty of 1855 between the United States government, representatives from thirteen other bands, tribes, and Chief Kamiakin resulted in the Yakama Nation relinquishing 16,920 square miles of their homeland. Prior to ceding their land, the area was inhabited solely by Native Americans. The only white pioneers before the coming of the railroad in 1883 were ranchers from older settlements bordering the Columbia River.
Sources cite the city’s name of Toppenish derives from an Indian word “Xuupinish” meaning sloping and spreading. While another source contends it is a derivative of the word “Thappahnish” which translates to “People of the trail that comes from the foot of the hills.”
Ensconced in the heart of the Yakima Valley in Washington State, the city lies inside the boundaries of the Yakima Nation’s Reservation. Toppenish was officially incorporated on April 29, 1907 and founded by Johnny Barnes.

Railway depot mural in Toppenish, Washington.

[edit] Education

Toppenish has four elemantary schools. Kirkwood, Vally view, Garfield and Lincoln. They teach grades K-5. Toppenish Middle School is the only middle school in the city. It has three High Schools, Toppenish High School, Yakama Tribal School and an alternative, Eagle High School. The mascot is a wildcatm, the school colors are maroon and grey. The rival school is Wapato High School.

[edit] Geography

Toppenish is located at
46°22′44″N, 120°18′43″W (46.378880, -120.311823).GR1
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.9 km² (1.9 mi²), all land.

[edit] Demographics

As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 8,946 people, 2,275 households, and 1,874 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,837.3/km² (4,762.7/mi²). There were 2,440 housing units at an average density of 501.1/km² (1,299.0/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 31.48% White, 0.56% Black or African American, 7.90% Native American, 0.37% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 55.95% from other races, and 3.72% from two or more races. 75.72% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 2,275 households out of which 52.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.1% were married couples living together, 16.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.6% were non-families. 14.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.88 and the average family size was 4.26.
In the city the population was spread out with 38.8% under the age of 18, 11.7% from 18 to 24, 27.5% from 25 to 44, 14.2% from 45 to 64, and 7.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 25 years. For every 100 females there were 106.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $26,950, and the median income for a family was $28,228. Males had a median income of $22,264 versus $19,704 for females. The per capita income for the city was $9,101. About 29.2% of families and 32.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 38.1% of those under age 18 and 14.8% of those age 65 or over.

[edit] References

Go Northwest, South Central, Washington - Toppenish, http://www.gonorthwest.com/Washington/southcentral/Toppenish/Toppenish.htm

[edit] External links

Toppenish, Washington is at coordinates
46°22′44″N 120°18′43″W / 46.37888, -120.311823

Pure Hype Production said:
Do you have to have all tracks selected as a winner? The chances are real hard if you have to be selected for the whole album as opposed to a track or two.
we as producers should be looking to make great albums not just one great song. This will weed out the producers and the beatmakers.

Jersey8five6 said:
wikipedia tool bar... get that ****, foo'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toppenish

Toppenish, Washington

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Toppenish)
Jump to: navigation, search
Toppenish, Washington
Location of Toppenish in Washington Coordinates:
46°22′44″N 120°18′43″W / 46.37889, -120.31194 Country United States State Washington County Yakima Area - Total 1.9 sq mi (4.9 km²) - Land 1.9 sq mi (4.9 km²) - Water 0.0 sq mi (0.0 km²) Elevation 758 ft (231 m) Population (2000) - Total 8,946 - Density 4,762.7/sq mi (1,837.3/km²) Time zone PST (UTC-8) - Summer (DST) PDT (UTC-7) ZIP code 98948 Area code(s) 509 FIPS code 53-71960GR2 GNIS feature ID 1512732GR3 Website: www.toppenish.net Toppenish is a city in Yakima County, Washington, in the United States. As of the 2000 census, the city population was 8,946.
Contents

[hide]
//
[edit] History

Renamed in 1907 to the City of Toppenish, the town of Toppenish transformed after being divided and subdivided from an 80-acre allotment of land granted to a woman of ½ Indian ancestry, Josephine Bowser Lillie “The Mother of Toppenish” by The Allotment Act of February 8, 1997. Lillie platted the north 40-acres of her land and these tracts became the first deeded land to be sold on the reservation.
Prior to the act’s implementation, all territory set aside by the Treaty of 1855 was in the name of the tribe. None of the land was individually owned. The treaty of 1855 between the United States government, representatives from thirteen other bands, tribes, and Chief Kamiakin resulted in the Yakama Nation relinquishing 16,920 square miles of their homeland. Prior to ceding their land, the area was inhabited solely by Native Americans. The only white pioneers before the coming of the railroad in 1883 were ranchers from older settlements bordering the Columbia River.
Sources cite the city’s name of Toppenish derives from an Indian word “Xuupinish” meaning sloping and spreading. While another source contends it is a derivative of the word “Thappahnish” which translates to “People of the trail that comes from the foot of the hills.”
Ensconced in the heart of the Yakima Valley in Washington State, the city lies inside the boundaries of the Yakima Nation’s Reservation. Toppenish was officially incorporated on April 29, 1907 and founded by Johnny Barnes.

Railway depot mural in Toppenish, Washington.

[edit] Education

Toppenish has four elemantary schools. Kirkwood, Vally view, Garfield and Lincoln. They teach grades K-5. Toppenish Middle School is the only middle school in the city. It has three High Schools, Toppenish High School, Yakama Tribal School and an alternative, Eagle High School. The mascot is a wildcatm, the school colors are maroon and grey. The rival school is Wapato High School.

[edit] Geography

Toppenish is located at
46°22′44″N, 120°18′43″W (46.378880, -120.311823).GR1
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.9 km² (1.9 mi²), all land.

[edit] Demographics

As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 8,946 people, 2,275 households, and 1,874 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,837.3/km² (4,762.7/mi²). There were 2,440 housing units at an average density of 501.1/km² (1,299.0/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 31.48% White, 0.56% Black or African American, 7.90% Native American, 0.37% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 55.95% from other races, and 3.72% from two or more races. 75.72% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 2,275 households out of which 52.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.1% were married couples living together, 16.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.6% were non-families. 14.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.88 and the average family size was 4.26.
In the city the population was spread out with 38.8% under the age of 18, 11.7% from 18 to 24, 27.5% from 25 to 44, 14.2% from 45 to 64, and 7.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 25 years. For every 100 females there were 106.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 103.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $26,950, and the median income for a family was $28,228. Males had a median income of $22,264 versus $19,704 for females. The per capita income for the city was $9,101. About 29.2% of families and 32.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 38.1% of those under age 18 and 14.8% of those age 65 or over.

[edit] References

Go Northwest, South Central, Washington - Toppenish, http://www.gonorthwest.com/Washington/southcentral/Toppenish/Toppenish.htm

[edit] External links

Toppenish, Washington is at coordinates
46°22′44″N 120°18′43″W / 46.37888, -120.311823
damn Pwned. lol. Atleast I know why I haven't been there. Thats on the otherside of the state I rarely go that way

Last edited:
i'm on it!!! well when i get home that is...i just finished picking up my copy earlier...so...all i gotta do now is get home and get to work. LOL!

im pretty sure they want the whole thing remixed.

its going to take something special to get noticed with this here..

not just this contest, but overall. you know there's gonna be a million remixes with soul samples and boom bap drums.

im thinkin someone will come up with a fly concept.....

Xabiton said:
we as producers should be looking to make great albums not just one great song. This will weed out the producers and the beatmakers.

You gotta be a hell of a good producer to make 12+ remixes in in less than 30 days. Not just 12+ remixes that is but 12+ remixes that are dope.

damn Pwned. lol. Atleast I know why I haven't been there. Thats on the otherside of the state I rarely go that way[/quote]

haha... it sux to be from here..(even the whole yakima valley). i already know that..... but i dont think that matters....

breal said:
It is just a pella

When they talk about Danger Mouse's Gray album being a remix
I always though it was a mash-up.
Taking music from 2 or more albums and making it one.
Remixes seem to be more people putting their own music over a pella.

He didn't mash up the White album with Jay-Z's album. He chopped up the white album and seperated guitar licks, drums, keys, ect and remixed it.

1 remix down 11 to go

You gotta be a hell of a good producer to make 12+ remixes in in less than 30 days. Not just 12+ remixes that is but 12+ remixes that are dope.
No u just gotta be smarter than the average bear. For instance we all have old beats or even new ones we haven't sold yet lol. I like to call those beats contest/battle beats wooo. I did do a new beat for I Know just because I found a dope sample

Last edited:
Back