Am I the only one who feels this way?

Music From Iran

Everyone is talking about how good Timbaland is at the moment.
To be honest, I really don't like many of the productions he has put out in the last few years!
Some are really annoying, and they are NO WHERE NEAR his classic productions that he did Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Ludacris back in the 90s and early this decade.
I really hope he makes great tracks again

i think his old **** is better too, but i don't think his new **** is wack tho. that single justin timberlake has out right now is crazy.

but i think his early 2000's stuff was really kinda weak aside from some of the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
His greatest work ever would have to be Missy Elliot - Get your freak on.
Dont forget hes the one who invented the DOUBLE KICK.

Last edited:
b onix said:
His greatest work ever would have to be Missy Elliot - Get your freak on.
Dont forget hes the one who invented the DOUBLE KICK.

Whatever you mean by double kick, I'm almost sure that he didn't invent it.

MySpace Gangsta said:
Every1 is riding his nuts cuz he's makin' a whole bunch of pop hits

And you're riding everyone elses nutts because they make "street anthems" LMAO!!!!!!

Music From Iran said:
Everyone is talking about how good Timbaland is at the moment.
To be honest, I really don't like many of the productions he has put out in the last few years!
Some are really annoying, and they are NO WHERE NEAR his classic productions that he did Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Ludacris back in the 90s and early this decade.
I really hope he makes great tracks again

I feel you. But I like Tim's new style. I think he's been pretty creative since Aaliyah's death. Some people are afraid of change. But like I said, I feel you because, it did feel good hearin the "old" Timbaland at the end of What Goes Around Comes Around! That's my favorite part of the track. Not sure if it's more Danja though.

No he didn't invent the double kick... drum or whatever you know it by. He made it more mainstream. Listen to ManTronics and the more synth based R&B tracks of the late 70's and early to mid 80's.

He has a different sound now and it is good, however; it sounds like he is making J.T. into Ginuwine.

Timbaland still surprises me now and again. I liked Put You On The Game, 3 A.M., Get A Light, My Love, and a few others probably. I don't think he has changed for the better. I'm not much of a fan of modern pop music though.

Im a fan of his early 2000s stuff as well. The Miss E so Addictive album is a production Gem. You can add that to the stuff for Tweet, Aaliyah, and Bubba Sparxxx all together with it. Also Tracks like Hola Hovito for Jay-Z and Roll Out for Ludacris prove that he was in his prime. I like the Danja-Timbaland thing but i actually liked his stuff b4 Danjahandz better. What the hell is a double kick?

i dont know if u remeber this but even back then when the stuff he was doing it was weird for it's time. Listen Try Again by Aaliyah and u will see what i mean... it's really weird and at that time that was like the stuff he is doing now.

^ i agree with you,when his style came out i used to hate it!but with time people kinda get it then they say he 'used' to make better music!

Relevent Muzik said:
i dont know if u remeber this but even back then when the stuff he was doing it was weird for it's time. Listen Try Again by Aaliyah and u will see what i mean... it's really weird and at that time that was like the stuff he is doing now.

I always like Try Again, what was that instrument that was making that skewed sound.....Shyts sick, was that a sample or Tim doing his thang

http://www.myspace.com/roadrunnaproductions!

I definitely like the old Timbo stuff better but he still makes hot stuff now

What Goes Around Comes around was a pretty even joint effort (according to Nate in Justin's Rolling Stone article), Tim brought out the sitar sample and the drums, Nate added keys, Justin did his thing, and the three of them would go back and forth, the beat switch is most likely Tim trying to outdo Nate (like the arpeggio on My Love was Nate trying to outdo Tim), because it reaks of 100% Ginuwine, so close to the beat switch from What's So Different that you'd think it was the same sample

Back