Alcohol and Music: Do you mix the two??

Marol

Hey there FP,

I am drinking some Corona Light with Lime when I make the illest beats. Does anyone else feel more "loose" with alcoholic beverages in your system? And if so, does it improve your music in anyway??

PEACE

Last edited:
Marol said:
Hey there FP,

I am drinking some Corona Light with Lime when I make the illest beats. Does anyone else feel more "loose" with alcoholic beverages in your system? And if so, does it improve your music in anyway??

PEACE

lol only a couple times when i was messed up and happened to be at my spot..i definently don't make it a habit..but i become a beast on the keys tho..i start playing all types of **** i'd never be able to play on a regular day..im talking classical type stuff lol..

my first 8 beers (if i was making a beat before i started drinking) i can make a banger BUT.........if i come in after having 16 of em i get bored.....imma talkative drunk lol

The last time I was drinking and doing some recording the sh|t came out distorted as hell. >_<

I sounded nice on the mic tho.

I only drink at the weekends and i work mostly in the week so i dont often mix the two. If i'm in the studio on a Friday Saturday or Sunday night though i'll be sippin on somethin.

I remember one time i was drunk and I made a beat just to make a really bad beat, for the hell of it

and low and behold

I made a terrible beat. It was fun though

I dont know about some of you cats, 16 beers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW I just drink cause I like the taste, and gives me a small buzz. 16 is way to many, and I am a big guy...

Marol said:
I dont know about some of you cats, 16 beers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW I just drink cause I like the taste, and gives me a small buzz. 16 is way to many, and I am a big guy...

Damn Maorl you a lightweight lol.

If i'm at the club for 6 hours (9 til 3), and i'm averaging 2 pints an hour, thats 12 pints. Plus we usually go to the pub for a few rounds before we hit the club so thats another 3 or 4. Thats 16 pints easily. And i assume you talkin bout them 33cl bottles, so thats like the equivalent to 32 beers lol.

Thats a heavy night for me though, i dont have nights like that often.

Last edited:
no alcohol but some krip or some white widow or some kush or haze will do fine lol...

16 beers???? I know fo' sho you wasn't drinking any 211 steel reserve cause the mutha****ers **** me up after just 2 of them!!! lol

mosfacekilla said:
no alcohol but some krip or some white widow or some kush or haze will do fine lol...

U **** with that white widow? I'm scared of that ****. But I love that purp.

lol at people thinking 16 beers is alot......but im 27 i dont drink everyday....i dont smoke or nothing else....so when i chill with cats i just drink....but i been drinking since i was 13 years old (hell no do i think its cool)....and nah i never tried steel reserve...seen the bottle in 40 oz. form and still will grab a PRIVATE STOCK before any other 40 oz....btw my beer choice is HEINEKEN.

i dont drink...

i would prefer my for my liver and kidneys to perform correctly for as long as possible

Marol said:
Hey there FP,

PEACE

Never tried. I think I make nice beats without any added substances.

Just never felt the need for anything to ENHANCE what I already do. Plus, I be reading interviews about people who used to get blazed all the time in the studio, and then when they'd come back and listen when they were sober, they'd be like WTF IS THAT MESS???

So no...I get high off the music. So just give me a quiet room and my equipment and I'm good to go.

j.troup said:
Never tried. I think I make nice beats without any added substances.

Just never felt the need for anything to ENHANCE what I already do. Plus, I be reading interviews about people who used to get blazed all the time in the studio, and then when they'd come back and listen when they were sober, they'd be like WTF IS THAT MESS???

So no...I get high off the music. So just give me a quiet room and my equipment and I'm good to go.

I notice alot of folks in this thread talking about having 12, 13, 14, 15 beers and making music. For me, that is just plain drunk and I dont make music when I am drunk, I just piss alot and laugh. I usually only drink one or two to calm me down and keep me focused. So folks work better when not under stress. That is all I am using it for. Music is what keeps me from drinking too much, gives me focus and drive..

PEACE

No getting high or drunk for mixing, kinda messes with your hearing so its a nope for me. Had to turn down drinks at a studio the other night.

Last edited:
Back