50CENT laffin wit 400 mill

Nueve_19

Queens, NY rapper 50 Cent may good reason to brag on his new single "Straight to the Bank."

Glacéau, makers of vitaminwater, was acquired by The Coca-Cola Company today (May 25) for $4.1 billion dollars.

50 Cent invested in Glacéau in 2004 and owns 10% of the company.

Sources told AllHipHop.com that Coca-Cola's cash purchase of Glacéau earned the rapper an estimated $400 million dollars.

Glacéau markets and sells popular energy drinks named vitaminwater.

The company markets and distributes a grape flavored energy drink inspired by 50 Cent named "Formula 50."

"This is an outstanding opportunity for both of our companies to build an expanded active lifestyle business, first in the United States and then around the world," said Muhtar Kent, president and chief operating officer of The Coca-Cola Company. "Glacéau and its brands also provide us with highly attractive longer-term international opportunities. We look forward to discussing with glacéau's distributors and our bottling partners the best operating model for glacéau's routes-to-market."

The company will operate as separate business unit within Coca-Cola North America (CCNA), allowing the company to continue to grow and marketplace, while taking advantage of Coca-Cola's marketing, management and distribution resources globally.

"It's a perfect match connecting the hottest active lifestyle brand with the full resources of the world's best beverage company," said J. Darius Bikoff, Glacéau founder and chief executive officer. "To best understand today's announcement, you really need to go out, buy a bottle of vitaminwater and try it for yourself to see how well it works."

Glacéau's top three executives are the aforementioned Bickoff, Mike Repole and Mike Venuti.

Each one will remain with the company for a minimum of three years and other key management will remain with the company.

The transaction is expected to close in 2007 and is subject to customary regulatory review.

50 Cent's latest album Curtis is slated to hit stores Sept. 4.

muffukks rich now

source: http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=7138

1st:this got posted already....
2nd:dudes been rich for a long time now....this is just another great investment.....

why they gotta make a grape drink in honor of its black invester ?

I'm curious to know how much his initial investment was. Anyone have a dollar amount?

i dont think it was reported....u could work out a rough estimation....very rough....but id say he got a fairly big return on money invested......

I saw a commercial for this yesterday. He came in and took over the composer place and dj who kid (I think) took over the lead violins place and they started playing in the club. I thought I would share.

Can't be mad. Whatever the investment was, I highly doubt that he invested 400 mil.

Now this is what I would call a great and very lucky move. At this rate, he'll be the first rapper to actually become a billionaire.

I like it.

what a brilliant bastard Curtis Jackson is ..
wish he would start G-unit production division...opps i forgot ..he got like 90 niggas that all ghost produce

Rich is a very powerful status ..

EMAG-A said:
i dont think it was reported....u could work out a rough estimation....very rough....but id say he got a fairly big return on money invested......

I don't see how you could estimate unless they stated the figures for how much it was worth a few years ago. You could take completely wild and arbitrary guesses though

I think it's a pretty safe bet to assume he wasn't around that $400 million dollar mark yet before this happened. Not when Diddy's not even around that. This was an investment deal of a lifetime, and I'm happy for ANY African American that can acheive such high marks of wealth. I'm very proud indeed of my brotha's from another mother.

Back