50 cent publishing

Charli Brown

What up Fp it’s been a while since I checked in I just wanted to say hi to everyone and ask for some advice. I was on 50 cent’s animal ambition album I produced the track DONT WORRY BOUT IT feat YO GOTTI. I am talking with an attorney regarding what happened to my publishing for that song. I’ve gotten mechanical royalties but as far as performance rights and aoudexchange where I was offered 50% and 12.5 for sound exchange I haven’t really seen any money.

When the album came out somebody on twitter hit me up trying to sign me to a publishing company. I chose not to because I had been contacted by Jeff Vaughn from Atlantic and was hoping I could get a deal with APG.

When the dude hit me up on Twitter he told me he noticed my name wasn’t on the registration but at the time I thought nothing of it since it had just dropped. Than not too long ago after being locked out of Twitter for some time I ran into the message and asked him to check again and he sent me another registration to the song but it included the writers and someone by the name of Pablo. My name is charlie so someone had registered this song with my last name. They tried to cover up the first one and when I asked 50’s people they didn’t even answer. Now I got a attorney trying to hunt down where that money went and my sound exchange also.

I registered The song also when I got the split sheets shortly after it dropped but it just doesn’t make any sense that I only got a 25 cent check from soundexchange and barely any for this song for Bmi.

Now I’m waiting on some money because the song was played on 50’s new show 50 central on bet. I think maybe someone collected all that when the song first dropped. What would you do?
I attached pictures of the registrations

Charli Brown (@charlibrownbeatz) • Instagram photos and videos
twitter.com/Charli_Brown

Attachments

• 1FB5D8B3-A6E5-4E12-BDA4-3138EB159684.jpeg
    1FB5D8B3-A6E5-4E12-BDA4-3138EB159684.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 1F37A53D-E6F6-4208-B409-3E6D1508F11F.jpeg
    1F37A53D-E6F6-4208-B409-3E6D1508F11F.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 125
  • EFB207D1-787F-4638-AE3B-858A1001F1D7.jpeg
    EFB207D1-787F-4638-AE3B-858A1001F1D7.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 156
You seem to have done the right thing by registering it with BMI as soon as you had all of the splits. Harry Fox and Soundexchange as well

So whenever anyone gets a contract they (or management or an attorney) should make sure that every songwriter (and their publisher) is listed on it so that they can register the song themselves ASAP.

I've got some pretty high-end clientele one of which is June James (producer of Travis Scott's new single Yosemite) and he's been registering his own works with BMI and still does for this very reason.

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe there was a publishing clause where they get a portion of performance revenue (which you should be able to see if you log into your BMI) or maybe there is some cross-collateralization in the initial contract that you signed.

Back