2chains should be half yall hero

I use to think the same thing about artist like 2 chainz. That being, "oh he's just a talentless dude rappin over some trap beats."

Now I realize that there's music for EVERYTHING. I don't want to hear common on a Friday night. I wanna hear some 2 chainz, or some first album Wu-Tang. Hell the only reason I listen to Ross is to laugh at him... and that's perfectly ok.

This is what I had to get myself to think like a few years back
I was stuck in that elitist mode comparing every rapper to the greats and if they didn't add up then I wasnt ****in with em
But now I don't do that
I listen to the music and if it sounds good and entertains you, why not play it?

I was just ridin down the street playing 2 Chainz- Got One...
I heard him yell 2 Chainz then the bass dropped and I got hype as a muh****a and remembered that's exactly why I listen to him

I had to move to the other side of the country where they all live though, lol. I had to live in the same neighborhood they live in to keep my kids safe. I had to get right into the "circumstances" that they had.

I had to go to night school because they had degrees and certifications.

After awhile, I stacked up next to 'em quite well. It took some drastic action. I don't see my family, cousins, etc that often.

If I had stayed were I was, I'd be working in a chicken factory just like everybody else that are in those "circumstances" in the part of VA where I'm from. Anybody that did anything with themselves, they had to uproot and move to where the getting was good too. DC, NJ, NY, SC, NC, GA, etc.

I am by no means saying he had things given to him but he was around people that were doing it, in an area that was doing it, and he himself was trying to do it in those surroundings. Put him in Sierra Vista, Arizona and let's see him do it from the ground up. I knew some dudes that would rap circles around 2chainz when I was in Arizona. They recorded at top of the line studios, did shows... all that.

There's a reason why most of the successful urban people come from music hubs... it's called being in the right place.

Anybody on here remember Chase N Cashe? He said Hurricane Katrina displaced him from home his in Louisiana and he ended up sleeping on Sean Kingston's couch in Cali... does that story sound similar to anything in this thread.

Music Hub
Other people that are trying to get it too

Not saying that Sean Kingston helped him to do what he did but if Sean Kingston gains footing... so do the people that know him

It's analogous to telling somebody swimming towards the end of the pool to never give up vs. telling somebody swimming across the Chesapeake Bay to never give up. One person can see the people at the end and some people might even be in the pool beside him telling him that he can make it... the person in the Chesapeake Bay is going to have a long way to swim by himself and he won't be able to hear anything but seagulls. Hopefully, he makes it to the other side.

Uproot yourself! increase your odds. People are super flaky on the internet. There is no face to face accountability...

and with that said... Never give up but it's a lot easier if you have certain things in your favor.... and it STILL might take you to keep at it until you're 35.

Being 35 in a music hub with decent night life is like being 25 anywhere else. The people keep you young.

My wife watches Real Housewives of Atlanta. Now this is a HOUSEWIVES show... why do I see Jazzy Pha, Polo Da Don, and other big MUSIC names on a HOUSEWIVES show? It's because that show is in Atlanta. Kandi from Xscape is on there, why does she live in Atlanta, why is it that almost everytime they show her... she has work in the studio? Real Clients like Monica...

Put her in Nutbush City, TN... see if you see Jazzy Pha and them.

Jermaine Dupri was on there... a Housewives show... that tells you that music buzzes around there and if you end up in the right club you can end up running into some big names. I know a chick that went there for a weekend and brought back photos with Usher, R.Kelly... too many to name... all in one club.

It's probably not as poppin' as it once was but... a lot of celebs live there, visit there, etc.

I wouldn't even advise anybody to move there all I'm trying to do is show how somebody from there - where everything is already at, who knows the big players and has a studio with up and comers and other people wanting to get on coming through.... is in a better position overall.

8chainz!

Point taken.

Business is definitely about location.

I think that people on here have to realize hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Not to say 2Chainz isn't talented, but he stayed working no matter how long it took him to gain stardom.

Tity boi always called himself Titty 2 Chainz. The namechange was so that he could actually have his name said on TV, radio, ect. He always been a dope artist, dude has had some sick verses going all the way back to his beginnings with DTP. he's worked hard to position himself where he is right now, he deserves the success he's having. I often wonder what you guys consider "good" when we get an entire site that dislikes one of the BIGGEST and MOST LIKED upcoming rappers right now.

What makes 2 Chains "wack"? Delivery? Accent? Wordplay? I mean seriously no arguing, i just wonder why you guys feel he's "wack/ass/ect".

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

when i was young (i still am) but really young, hip-hop changed my life, i went trough troubles in life as all people do and i listened to tupacs music, i heard keep ya head up, smile, changes and he was my hero, one night he was shot 5 times and robbed, one bullet in his ballsack and one of them in his damn head...this was right after

View attachment 35011

soulja boy in court.....

View attachment 35012

pac.......

View attachment 35013

so i listen to pac...this real ass strong dude who always keeps his confidence and makes absolute dope records, with incredible and real rhymes

this got me tellin people ''hey hip-hop is f-cking amazing''

so i hear in response ''nah those wild niggas is crazy and music is garbage''

so i'm wondering...hmm what are they talking about ?

so they say ''lil wayne sucks''

i check out lil wayne, and i think how can these two people co-exist in the same musical culture ?
and i hate lil wayne, then soulja boy comes...2chainz ...meek mill ....it just keeps getting worse and worse every single day
and it turns away from hip-hop's origin more and more with every day

and then YOU come tell me i shouldn't hate on these guys.....when they're destroying the culture i love so much, when they're disrespecting everything i stand for with their corny, whack and fake rhymes...f-ck you man forreal, keep listenin to your shit, but make sure to turn the b-tch quiet when i come trough, cuz i b-tch slap any musician who gives that bullshit a pass

Pac went to private schools and grew up with his nose in books. He tried to play "real nikka" one time too many and it costed him his life. He never did any of the stuff he rapped about in later years after abandoning his thought provoking message hip hop. What makes him any "realler" for getting himself shot while trying to run with real gangstas than the next generation pretending to be real shooting them damn selves running around with real gangstas. Ask my dad, and people like Pac and Snoop are who f**ked up hip hop. So you sounding like my dad right now, fam. And I'm 32 my damn self.

I try to pretend Pac wasn't fake cause I went out west and worked with artists who ran with him, but even they know deep down inside how much he pretended. All rappers pretend. You really think they wasting time doing real shyt? They in studios working hard, in meetings beggin that white man in the suit for money, sitting at tables doing interviews and hopping planes and busses to the next city to work more. They as real as wrestlers and live the EXACT same life. They make up a persona and have to stick to it when the public is around. On their down time they sit in their mansions in gated communities...until they lose everything and end up back around all the real nikkas they left behind years ago.

Statistically, Meek Mills is what Pac wishes he was on a "real nikka meter" if ever such a device existed. They had to tone him down and clean him up, I've already said, Meek's gonna end up killing some dude who only seen him in vids for running up before he get's a chance to really shine. That lil dude is crazy.

Last edited:
Man, yall act like artists never fail before they succeed. I've never met someone successful who hasn't failed before they prospered.

Perfect example is Lana Del Rey. One of the most talked about non urban artists lately.

She dropped a project in 08 as Lizzy Grant and it failed.

Perfected her craft, changed her name and her look and BOOM success. It just takes time to find what works for you.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

If you have the circumstances he had / has... you should never give up.

One day the reality of everything he had that the average joe doesn't have ... will be pretty clear.

You're making excuses my G lol. He might have had an upper hand but there's people who have accomplished just as much if not more coming from less. Persistence is key.

A friend of mine whom you may be familiar with, was telling me the other day how he moved to New York when he was 18 because at the time that seemed to be the most lucrative place to pursue music. He was broke living in pretty much a closet interning for free. Nothing came out of it, so he moved to Atlanta and was still broke. Barely paying rent and not eating for some days. Fast forward a year he produces a top 10 single and the biggest song for one of the biggest pop artists in the world.

He didn't make excuses. He worked hard, stayed persistent and it paid off.

Dudes don't wanna hear that excuse shit because they didn't make it.

Look at Juliano. Dude is like what, 21 or 22? Buying his own house off his beats. Providing for his family off his beats. Coming from one of the worst slums in Pittsburgh. Definitely not a "music hub".

Last edited:
Man, yall act like artists never fail before they succeed. I've never met someone successful who hasn't failed before they prospered.

Perfect example is Lana Del Rey. One of the most talked about non urban artists lately.

She dropped a project in 08 as Lizzy Grant and it failed.

Perfected her craft, changed her name and her look and BOOM success. It just takes time to find what works for you.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

You're making excuses my G lol. He might have had an upper hand but there's people who have accomplished just as much if not more coming from less. Persistence is key.

A friend of mine whom you may be familiar with, was telling me the other day how he moved to New York when he was 18 because at the time that seemed to be the most lucrative place to pursue music. He was broke living in pretty much a closet interning for free. Nothing came out of it, so he moved to Atlanta and was still broke. Barely paying rent and not eating for some days. Fast forward a year he produces a top 10 single and the biggest song for one of the biggest pop artists in the world.

He didn't make excuses. He worked hard, stayed persistent and it paid off.

Dudes don't wanna hear that excuse shit because they didn't make it.

Look at Juliano. Dude is like what, 21 or 22? Buying his own house off his beats. Providing for his family off his beats. Coming from one of the worst slums in Pittsburgh. Definitely not a "music hub".

internet and online tools have made making a money from music not easier but more opportunity..I plan to go hard on the internet using it's tools to my advantage but living in New York,Houston,Dallas,ALT,Memphis,L.A.,San Francisco, Baltimore,NYC,Boston
provides what??
more gig opportunities for less touring costs
because what?
you are already there

I think you need to link up with as many artists as possible getting songs done
make your company visible and like you said work hard and stay persistent

I will let no man stand in my way of my success
no hate,smart comments,ppl who will try to knock you down
just keep in pace with my plan of action

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

Last edited:
Tity boi always called himself Titty 2 Chainz. The namechange was so that he could actually have his name said on TV, radio, ect. He always been a dope artist, dude has had some sick verses going all the way back to his beginnings with DTP. he's worked hard to position himself where he is right now, he deserves the success he's having. I often wonder what you guys consider "good" when we get an entire site that dislikes one of the BIGGEST and MOST LIKED upcoming rappers right now.

What makes 2 Chains "wack"? Delivery? Accent? Wordplay? I mean seriously no arguing, i just wonder why you guys feel he's "wack/ass/ect".

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Pac went to private schools and grew up with his nose in books. He tried to play "real nikka" one time too many and it costed him his life. He never did any of the stuff he rapped about in later years after abandoning his thought provoking message hip hop. What makes him any "realler" for getting himself shot while trying to run with real gangstas than the next generation pretending to be real shooting them damn selves running around with real gangstas. Ask my dad, and people like Pac and Snoop are who f**ked up hip hop. So you sounding like my dad right now, fam. And I'm 32 my damn self.

I try to pretend Pac wasn't fake cause I went out west and worked with artists who ran with him, but even they know deep down inside how much he pretended. All rappers pretend. You really think they wasting time doing real shyt? They in studios working hard, in meetings beggin that white man in the suit for money, sitting at tables doing interviews and hopping planes and busses to the next city to work more. They as real as wrestlers and live the EXACT same life. They make up a persona and have to stick to it when the public is around. On their down time they sit in their mansions in gated communities...until they lose everything and end up back around all the real nikkas they left behind years ago.

Statistically, Meek Mills is what Pac wishes he was on a "real nikka meter" if ever such a device existed. They had to tone him down and clean him up, I've already said, Meek's gonna end up killing some dude who only seen him in vids for running up before he get's a chance to really shine. That lil dude is crazy.
I dig what u saying, but Pac's legacy is deeper than just a "real nigga." Pac gets luv from the conscious heads because of his background and some of his lyrics. As far as Meek, I like him. Nice get hyped let's go flow. But Pac level, no.

He's done well for himself. It's good to see all the hard work finally pay off. 1 question... Where's Lil' Fate? :shame:

Last edited:
difference bewteen lil b and 2 chainz is that lil b is a troll he knows better but he just likes to **** with people kinda like the way odd future does. oh and lil b is way more lyrical than 2 chainz will ever be

don't use lil b, 2chainz and lyrical in the same sentence

don't use lil b, 2chainz and lyrical in the same sentence
don't confuse flow with lyricism they are 2 different things. lil b may not have the best flow but he is a pretty decent lyricist. and no i don't mean his dam swag/cooking songs i mean the songs where he actually tries to rap like base for your face and delusions of grandeur

don't confuse flow with lyricism they are 2 different things. lil b may not have the best flow but he is a pretty decent lyricist. and no i don't mean his dam swag/cooking songs i mean the songs where he actually tries to rap like base for your face and delusions of grandeur

Don't confuse message with lyricism. Yeah he has a good message in his serious songs, but lyricism? No way.

one that video is blocked and two i said he's pretty decent i didn't say he's extraordinary i would say lil b is better than 75% of today's rappers. you probably only listened to his swag videos and nothing else you didn't listen to delusions of grandeur or im gay

Back