When your not producing?

usually thinking of awesome ideas an then forgetting them

Hahaha, for sure! Almost every night when i'm laying in bed i get cool melodies in my mind but then i think "no, wait till tomorrow and use it." And next morning, it's gone. I'm enjoying to play games on my computer with my friends, play real games like poker or pool with friends and try to survive the days. For me there's no relationship or even a contact to girls since eight years, some psycological problems, i got problem with feelings - but making music helps me, like hearing good musik that i like...

Well. I'm not really a full-time producer like some of you. I mostly make my beats for myself... So, of course I rap. These days I spend a lot of time reading various types of books... Mostly sci-fi, samurai shit, [musician's] auto/biographies, self-help books, hip-hop books, etc...

I watch plenty of movies. Mostly older stuff that's trippy, and foreign. French, polish or japanese are my favorite... I also like to keep up on new shows when I can so I have something aside from music to talk about with people- Game Of Thrones, Better Call Saul, and Walking Dead are the main series I try to keep up on... but also old stuff like Twin Peaks (which I'm almost finished with).

Back in my rough n tumble days I spent most of my time skipping school to do graffiti- then I replaced that with rap- then started producing... I used to spend a lot of time around town being a general punk-ass kid, exploring abandoned shit, taking pictures, doing drugs, and dodging authy... but Now? I just draw in my black book every now and again. I stay locked down on my studio shit. At times, I've almost completely forgotten about the crazy years. and as far as graffiti goes- Visual art just isn't as satisfying as music to me any more...

I left the big city life to dwell in a bucolic grotto of sorts... I stay where running water and internet is a luxury.

In the past I spent a lot of time using drugs like psychedelics, dissociatives, alcohol... gave up being a pot head early on because it makes me too malleable and depressed. I noticed that weed oft made me a broke loser so I gave it up. I'm still a broke loser but at least heavy-indica isn't preventing me from my daily activities. Currently I drink coffee, take supplements, excercise, and eat right on the daily. I booze socially as well as use psychedelics or blow sess every now and again though.
:cheers:

My life is p hard now since I was forced to move here. I'm located deep deep in the mountains and don't have a working car. I'm only 21 and all I know is pain, loneliness, and struggle. Not to feel sorry for myself though! I stay optimistic... Yknow? While a lot of people tell me that I should be out fucking *******, working a job, going to college, going to parties... A lot of people have not had the oppurtunity to sit and focus on themselves like I have... I keep a small circle and probably only get to see them maybe once every six months if I'm lucky. In which case we might just go to a bar and talk or listen to music and watch a movie and get high.

I gave up on dating a while ago because I'm just not ready for it anymore. Someone entered into my life and we had our fun, but I'm just not in any place to even have flings, relationships or anything like that right now. It's kinda disenheartening for me to have to reject so many women. I'm an attractive, smooth guy and I'm confident as all hell- but I'm also broke, very focused on my work, and have lots of problems I'm cleaning up from my years of mental illness and heavy addiction. I'm getting there though and plan to put myself back in the game once I've got my car fixed and more money from my various gigs... These country chicks are cool and they aren't like city girls that expect u to take them out for a $100 dinner. They cool with laying down a blanket in the woods, drinking some shitty beer and gettin down... I'm too hood and good ol boy to deal with rich *******!!! lmao

Ain't nothing wrong with the life I chose. It's just all that I even know. lol

As you can tell by now. I write a lot. I'm tired af rn. Most the time I just write like a dumbass... cuz this is just a bullshit forum post, but I'd consider myself rather adept at writing gonzo prose about music, art, my life, pop culture, etc... I'm not college educated but I've been lauded for my short stories and essays and am working on a personal website to monetize this skill through various venues- I'm a long-winded mfr. Never had mind or time for high-school but I'd like to go to college and audio school soon enough...

So when I'm not making beats? I'm making art. I'm just living my life tryna get by and not die. I been died 2 many times already and came back like a phoenix from the ashes... to let the reaper take me now!

Hahaha, for sure! Almost every night when i'm laying in bed i get cool melodies in my mind but then i think "no, wait till tomorrow and use it." And next morning, it's gone.

sorry for the double post... but utilize your voice memo function on your smart phone more. keep it by your bed and get into a habit of talking into it when those ideas pop up... then listen to it in the morning. it'll help you remember it if you said it aloud then hear it again recorded.

but Now? I just draw in my black book every now and again. I stay locked down on my studio shit. At times, I've almost completely forgotten about the crazy years. and as far as graffiti goes- Visual art just isn't as satisfying as music to me any more...
I liked your post man, good read, this is how I try to stay out of trouble.

I like to find inspiration in other peoples art forms when I am not producing. I find that when I am experiencing art I can find inspiration in the smallest details.

Work my primary job (EMS), gaming, learning new music techniques or checking out new sound libraries on YouTube, or chillin out with friends.

When I'm not producing...I'm playing my keyboard, working out, and training/studying for the Marine Corps Officer Selection.

Back