Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Happened To This Forum?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    FP needs more admins/moderators with a consistent presence and less spammers/MLM marketers and music business snake oil salesmen/women and more people who actually create music.

I wouldn't mind having moderator/admin duties.
    Last edited by OGBama; 01-18-2017 at 06:41 AM.
    "Once black music leaves its original context, it begins to take on different meanings and serve different functions, and it is interpreted very differently." Portia Maultsby

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OGBama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah I don't know what happened on here. its way too much selfishness . Literally whenever you post a beat for feedback people literally give half ass feedback, and beg you to listen to their stuff. I don't mind giving feedback but if I am giving you honest feedback give me the same. Also there is blatant trolls that are just posting nonsense, especially in the getting started thread. I honestly love the forum its cool to see up and coming producer on here, in fact I would love to be admins or moderator! but its to the point where everyone is taking from the forum but they're adding nothing to it!
    Rapper Follow me on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/djmuhal3000

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/RajMuhal1387

Thanks
    Make yourselves more compatible with social media. Get the Facebook Page popping. Have it link back to the website. Have a comments section for topics than link to facebook.

Thanks
    it's saturated with too many bubble gum "producers" with cracked fruity loops and iPads talking about "should I finish this?" as they upload an incomplete beat. People just want instant confirmation of how much they suck
    Last edited by alienaircraftmusic; 01-18-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks
    Some good ideas; keep them coming. Critique will only take us so far-- we need those good ideas, and quality participation. Bring your music-making friends. Trolls will always troll. Newbies need to be mentored; that is why (or at least a big part of why) we are here. But saying "this sucks" is not even the beginning of anything. And right now, we have one admin and a few mods working consistently; I don't know where everyone else has gone, but some people have been sick, BC was only supposed to take a temporary leave of absence and he seems to have completely disappeared. Many of the mods "assigned" to certain forums don't seem to exist anymore in our universe. So if we want a "Better FP," it will be up to those that are here to make it happen.

Again-- Be part of the Solution, not the Problem.

GJ

Thanks
    FP in general used to pop more. Now people go to more popular/open media sites like twitter and facebook. Its for the better imo. I poke my head in every so often and have been for the last 3 or 4 years (shocked Im still a mod) this place is just dead. Really it died with Mano1 left but **** him because he hated me lol
    Last edited by rhythmgj; 01-19-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    Solution, not problem, please.

GJ

Thanks
    Solution:

Incentivise members to write better feedback or post interesting articles or even original thread topics by incorporating some kind of karma system like other forums.

For shits and giggles, call it the swag o' meter. If you write a good feedback you can be awarded a swag point if whoever found it useful and you can do certain things once you aquire a certain amount of swag points. Like maybe pin a dope beat at the top of the forum subpage for like 8 hours or whatever. The same with Original Posts and articles in their respective subpages. And also mods with the ability to ban the IP address of repeating trolls.

This will create movement on this website.
    Last edited by alienaircraftmusic; 01-19-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks
    Good stuff.

GJ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhythmgj View Post
    Solution, not problem, please.

GJ
    1. People posting topics irrelevant to forum section
    Solution: Moderate that, rhythmgj.

2. People posting their music links looking for feedback everywhere but the appropriate feedback forum

3. People making troll topics like bobchops to get attention
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapheaper View Post
    Only on future producers could someone ask about melody and have two posts which don't mention anything about notes.

Thread Information