What Happened To This Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FP needs more admins/moderators with a consistent presence and less spammers/MLM marketers and music business snake oil salesmen/women and more people who actually create music.

I wouldn't mind having moderator/admin duties.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know what happened on here. its way too much selfishness . Literally whenever you post a beat for feedback people literally give half ass feedback, and beg you to listen to their stuff. I don't mind giving feedback but if I am giving you honest feedback give me the same. Also there is blatant trolls that are just posting nonsense, especially in the getting started thread. I honestly love the forum its cool to see up and coming producer on here, in fact I would love to be admins or moderator! but its to the point where everyone is taking from the forum but they're adding nothing to it!

Make yourselves more compatible with social media. Get the Facebook Page popping. Have it link back to the website. Have a comments section for topics than link to facebook.

it's saturated with too many bubble gum "producers" with cracked fruity loops and iPads talking about "should I finish this?" as they upload an incomplete beat. People just want instant confirmation of how much they suck

Last edited:
Some good ideas; keep them coming. Critique will only take us so far-- we need those good ideas, and quality participation. Bring your music-making friends. Trolls will always troll. Newbies need to be mentored; that is why (or at least a big part of why) we are here. But saying "this sucks" is not even the beginning of anything. And right now, we have one admin and a few mods working consistently; I don't know where everyone else has gone, but some people have been sick, BC was only supposed to take a temporary leave of absence and he seems to have completely disappeared. Many of the mods "assigned" to certain forums don't seem to exist anymore in our universe. So if we want a "Better FP," it will be up to those that are here to make it happen.

Again-- Be part of the Solution, not the Problem.

GJ

FP in general used to pop more. Now people go to more popular/open media sites like twitter and facebook. Its for the better imo. I poke my head in every so often and have been for the last 3 or 4 years (shocked Im still a mod) this place is just dead. Really it died with Mano1 left but **** him because he hated me lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution:

Incentivise members to write better feedback or post interesting articles or even original thread topics by incorporating some kind of karma system like other forums.

For shits and giggles, call it the swag o' meter. If you write a good feedback you can be awarded a swag point if whoever found it useful and you can do certain things once you aquire a certain amount of swag points. Like maybe pin a dope beat at the top of the forum subpage for like 8 hours or whatever. The same with Original Posts and articles in their respective subpages. And also mods with the ability to ban the IP address of repeating trolls.

This will create movement on this website.

Last edited:
Solution, not problem, please.

GJ
1. People posting topics irrelevant to forum section
Solution: Moderate that, rhythmgj.

2. People posting their music links looking for feedback everywhere but the appropriate feedback forum

3. People making troll topics like bobchops to get attention

I would send you a personal PM, addressing your concerns, as I tried to the last time you attempted to "call me out" publicly, Pumpthrust, but I can't, because you've blocked PMs (and I don't want to over-ride your wishes). See any difference in our MO's there, champ? Now I'm forced to address your nonsense and pinning the entire site's success on me publicly as well, which I really can't abide, since I am a volunteer and not the owner.

"Moderate This!," as the crazy kids say, Pump. YOU are part of the problem if all you want to do is complain, blame, and flame, but give nothing else here at FP.

As I've explained, there is _one_ very busy admin here, and though we have a plethora of mods listed as regulars/"staff," there are about two of us even posting/contributing/modding on any kind of regular basis. If you are here with any frequency, you can figure that out for yourself. Blaming me for anything is, once again, in as simple and simplistic terms as I can convey it-- NOT a solution.

But if you must know, we will not be seeing one particular friend here for at least 30 days; that has been dealt with, and if there is any more nonsense after that, it will result in a permanent ban.

So again, PUMPTHRUST, what are YOU doing besides complaining and blaming to make things better??!??

GJ

And Another Thing-- Who the %##^%%% are you? I am a mod, yes. I am a volunteer. I do spend a lot of time here, but I've got other things to do in my life, and a family to support. I don't get paid to do this. So %###^%** yourself. Keep your non-helpful opinions and examples to yourself, from now on, unless _YOU_ are willing to put your time where your mouth is.

GJ

What does a moderator have access to exactly?...
Cuz if it's free, I'd like to suggest finding some more moderators.

Find ones who would simply go through threads like a machine in a quick & timely manner, minutes tops each day.

Yes, obviously, that would be great. When you see certain forums "assigned" to certain mods (I don't think most of you guys can see that info unless you "report" a post), there are about 5-7 mods at least, listed as regulars, that don't come here any more/very often, and a handful that haven't been part of FP for many years... It is basically myself and krushing modding the entire site, and I'm not officially assigned to any forums or subgroups.

So it is not a job that one or two people could do well, if it was actually a job (paid work), which it isn't.

If you, or any other appropriate candidates are interested, feel free to PM me. I have no power to "appoint" anybody, but I can certainly make suggestions to admin.

I'm not sure what you meant by "Cuz if it's FREE," but please understand it is a volunteer position, and we could definitely use a few more "machines."

GJ

I'm not sure what a moderator does so I am not certain how I would perform as one.

But depending on how that works however, hm...
A few things here and there I can think of minimum. Those who do have an idea of how that works show yourselves and get a recommendation.

Last edited:
I would send you a personal PM, addressing your concerns, as I tried to the last time you attempted to "call me out" publicly, Pumpthrust, but I can't, because you've blocked PMs (and I don't want to over-ride your wishes). See any difference in our MO's there, champ? Now I'm forced to address your nonsense and pinning the entire site's success on me publicly as well, which I really can't abide, since I am a volunteer and not the owner.

"Moderate This!," as the crazy kids say, Pump. YOU are part of the problem if all you want to do is complain, blame, and flame, but give nothing else here at FP.

As I've explained, there is _one_ very busy admin here, and though we have a plethora of mods listed as regulars/"staff," there are about two of us even posting/contributing/modding on any kind of regular basis. If you are here with any frequency, you can figure that out for yourself. Blaming me for anything is, once again, in as simple and simplistic terms as I can convey it-- NOT a solution.

But if you must know, we will not be seeing one particular friend here for at least 30 days; that has been dealt with, and if there is any more nonsense after that, it will result in a permanent ban.

So again, PUMPTHRUST, what are YOU doing besides complaining and blaming to make things better??!??

GJ
No one is blaming you for anything.
Since this is a suggestions thread, and you wanted solutions, I provided some. You are the one with the green MOD designation here, and the only mod who is actually active here, was it wrong of me to suggest that you, an active mod, address the issues I pointed out?

Let's be real, the joint is called Future Producers and we are so noob friendly that the main demographic is noobz who make noob threads which would make the entire forum a noobist colony if not for the fact that noobs tend to use Future Producers as a noobie steeping stone before moving on to less noobie pastures.....in other words a lot of noobz pass through Future Producers but the future success of the forum is dependent upon getting those noobs to stick around.

Now if you will excuse me I have some "what is the best DAW?" questions to answer.

>>>>No one is blaming you for anything.<<<<

That is not how either of your posts on the subject have read.

>>>>Since this is a suggestions thread<<<<

Yes-- Since I've asked for that, rather than a complaining thread, which it started out as and seems to gravitate towards...

>>>>and you wanted solutions, I provided some.<<<<

Again, not really.

>>>>You are the one with the green MOD designation here, and the only mod who is actually active here, was it wrong of me to suggest that you, an active mod, address the issues I pointed out?<<<<

The way you did, twice? In the spirit that it at least seems evident that your "solution" was given? In a word: Yes. It was wrong.

I've explained it twice now, but I'll try again-- can't do it all; don't want to. Are you interested in helping mod this site? Mull it over while I go remove another spam "Western Union" credit card post.

GJ

Yes, y'all, FP is for noobs in a lot of ways. But we can "corral" noobiness a bit, I think. And we do need to make it attractive for the more experienced to stick around.

GS? I hope there is more than just our hip-hop-centric focus and the # of noobs that separates us from GS...

GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back