What do you do besides produce?

AG Beats

Probably already been a thread, but im bored. What do all of you do besides music production, and what are your goals?

Is this a hobby for you, or what you want to live off of?

My goal is to live off music production alone eventually, like im sure a lot of people on this site wish to do.

I want to make/sell beats, work with artists on track ideas n shit, engineer tracks, possibly own a studio. I realize imma have to diversify my grind if I wanna live off music alone, and im not adverse to doing things other than making beats, i love the whole process of music.

I been bummin it this summer, but im about to register for some computer science classes at my local community college tomorrow. I was gonna dedicate everything to music production, but I just came to a realization its not fair to let my family support me while I do "nothing" (even though working on honing your skills and personal style as a producer is harrrd work) so until my music career takes off I'll just go to college to stimulate my brain and get me out of my dungeon into the sun lol.

What about yall?

Last edited:
Work in IT and studying for a diploma in Information Technology. I only just started trying to produce music and have absorbed as much music theory as possible in the last two weeks haha. I have a goal to maybe sell a beat online in a few years or maybe make a mixtape and distribute it on bandcamp or something for free or on one of those pay what you want models.

It's solely a hobby. It's gonna sound weird but it has relaxed me in regards to where I want to go. I was stressing about moving up the career ladder and stuff but now I think I'd be content just getting by and slowly moving up the career ladder and making beats in my down time. Certainly has me more relaxed.

Work in IT and studying for a diploma in Information Technology. I only just started trying to produce music and have absorbed as much music theory as possible in the last two weeks haha. I have a goal to maybe sell a beat online in a few years or maybe make a mixtape and distribute it on bandcamp or something for free or on one of those pay what you want models.

It's solely a hobby. It's gonna sound weird but it has relaxed me in regards to where I want to go. I was stressing about moving up the career ladder and stuff but now I think I'd be content just getting by and slowly moving up the career ladder and making beats in my down time. Certainly has me more relaxed.

Thats whats up though, its like a positive passtime for you. But ay man i sold beats in less than a year, one for 49.95 and one for like $30 or somethin. Its all about networking and finding ppl that wanna pay, which is a journey lol. But if you get real dope and get your name buzzin at all the paying clients will come

I hold degree in IT so I see myself in near future to get a job in IT. Music is a hobby I feel like a have a long road ahead of me. My goal is to distinguish myself from other producers. I want to bring emotion to my music so the listener can relate without any words and yet impact them drastically.

wow lotta IT guys here. Im hoping to also bring my knowledge of programming and shit to the production world and program some apps or something like that. Bring in money coding sound clicks and designing players n what not. Gotta learn it in college first tho lol

Last edited:
i work in the medicare industry. goals? just work hard every day and keep my head above water, because america is desperate right now.

Work 30 hrs. per week

Full-time student

Boxing practice 2-3X per week.

Work out and run every other day.

I'm a very active/busy guy.

Back