Web Development

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
I just taught myself how to connect to a server, etc. haha so I made a new website.

Check it out: http://www.epsilon144.com

I'm writing in HTML, CSS, and Javascript. If anybody has any tips or ideas...let's chat here! The websites for my music, so if you want to browse around, feel free.

I'm also going to be writing articles about the music industry.

If you want to have an article written about your music or music technology, let me know. I'm open to just about anything.

Writing your own site? Impressive. I haven't made my site yet. And when I do, I'm sure I'll need to rely on website design platforms that make it easy.

I was impressed to find you in Google Music! Listening now. How do you distribute your music to services like that?

The site is pretty lacking on images, though. You should get some more pictures of you, you recording, your gear, etc. And it might help to reach out to somebody to design your upcoming album artwork. Visual branding goes a long way.

You have to make a artists account with google and just upload it. Or you can use a distribution service like Distrokid (its like $12/year) and they're automatically release your music in google, iTunes, amazon, etc.

and yeah, I'm going to add images today sometime. I'll probably just use my soundcloud banner. :P thanks for the feedback!! it's mobile friendly too. ;)

What spurred you do make an EP in a week? How much finishing did you do to it later? What kept you from repeating the process more often?

I like the look of your London artwork the best. It's the most visually striking, and the one that creates an emotional response.

Huh, never heard of Distrokid till now. I thought it was between CD Baby and TuneCore. I was leaning towards CD Baby because they don't have the annual fees. But, just now, I looked up a comparison of the three, and it mentioned that you're better off on TuneCore if you sell more than $450/year on an album, since the 9% cut from CD Baby ends up being more than the annual cost from TuneCore. I don't know that I will, but I hope to!

I guess 9% could end up being a lot over the course of a career. But paying $50/year per album forever on TuneCore sounds like a bum deal too. It all disappears if you miss a payment?

If I'm reading this right, Distrokid is $20/year forever (or $36/year if you want sales stats and extra features). But, that's an annual fee per artist, not per album. So if you make one album a year for ten years, putting them on TuneCore would cost $500/year by year 10 just to keep them all alive. But $20 or $36/year would keep them all alive on Distrokid? That sounds like a deal, not just for the productive artist with a lot of singles, but for the artist that plans to release year after year.

Thanks for the tip!

Edit: wait, you said $12/y? Where are you getting that pricing?

Last edited:
ya man, or 20-ish for distrokid. it's the cheapest way to go. If you want to distribute as a record label its a little bit more but you get to put your label name in the "Record Label" areas on the stores. So like "HBC001, HBC002, HBC003" for my label, Humboldt Bass Crew.

ummm, and ya, i added some pictures and color to the site. :) thanks again!

a little bit from spotify, and rumors are that soundcloud is going to start paying based on a working streaming algorithm. That's why the new ads are there.

I think it'll be a good fix to the music industry money problem. Our industry is losing a lot of money to free downloads, which is fine, but artists still have to get money. Money provides a good incentive to make quality products ....over say hyped up (sometimes fake) products/songs.

Back