Soundcloud Unfollow??

C

C-Enes

I've recently ran into this problem but people will follow me then unfollow to make themselves look like hot shit. Are you ****ing kidding me? These people have thousands of followers because other artists want to connect and have a general sense of community and then you got these ****ing egotistic pieces of shit pulling this shit off?

There has got to be a list made or something of these dickheads so we can blacklist the **** outta them so they can't pull that shit. Yes i know it does make them look better when thousands are following them and they follow no one but **** that shit when i have more plays than them and they are pulling those numbers in followers you get a big **** YOU

Anyone got any advice on this? Besides the obvious follow back but remember the name.

Relax, I've noticed this too, but, It's either a soundcloud glitch, or people have reached the 'Non-Membership' limit of 2000 followings, and need to follow a person, so remove a random follow etc. :)

It happens on twitter too. I'll get a follow from an artist, follow them back out of respect, and see they aren't following me anymore in like an hour. Seems like a terrible method to get your follower count up, because even if the number goes up, the follower's opinion of you is sour to begin with.

You don't have to follow everyone who is following you.. Why not simply follow artist who are interesting to you and seem worth following? Then it shouldn't really matter if they follow you back..

1. if they followed you but never once left a comment or favorited any of your tracks before they unfollowed you, then they weren't really a fan of yours in the first place. lose your ego.

2. some people unfollow people who aren't active, so if you aren't leaving comments or anything, you might want to start. it also helps to thank people when they comment on your music. don't act hollywood until you're actually making moves. if you have time to respond, then do it.

3. there's a thing called "follow spam" where someone will follow you, wait for you to follow back, then unfollow you. people with too much time on their hands do this to get more followers on twitter, soundcloud, tumblr, wherever. you don't HAVE to follow anyone back.

^^ truth. Even if the music is good, everybody doesn't have the same taste. If you're doing a good job sharing your music, and of course if the music is good, you'll gain followers naturally. Don't worry about the follow spam like Mike Tison said above.

I've recently ran into this problem but people will follow me then unfollow to make themselves look like hot shit. Are you ****ing kidding me? These people have thousands of followers because other artists want to connect and have a general sense of community and then you got these ****ing egotistic pieces of shit pulling this shit off?

There has got to be a list made or something of these dickheads so we can blacklist the **** outta them so they can't pull that shit. Yes i know it does make them look better when thousands are following them and they follow no one but **** that shit when i have more plays than them and they are pulling those numbers in followers you get a big **** YOU

Anyone got any advice on this? Besides the obvious follow back but remember the name.

Alright, calm down! Haha, God, I would not want to p!ss you off!

But they do it on twitter too, as other people have pointed out. They follow you, wait for you to follow, and follow back, I don't bother following back now. I check out their music, if I like it, I'll follow back and I won't give a shit whether they unfollow, cause at least I know I'm following someone who actually makes good music.

hahah didnt mean to come off as such a hothead but just really got to me that day when i notice that they follow like 14 people and have 1400 followers and their music is horrible lol. its not so much as a fan thing or ego thing as much as it is a community thing. i treat soundcloud more like a community/lets all come up type stuff. i stay active as much as i can remember but it seems like alotta people confused my anger with ego. lol dont worry just got real pissed that these guys abused my hospitality and fellowship.

iounno i guess i associated that with soundclick boosting somehow in my head. dont worry people i got confidence in my music but im not any sort of kanye haha

You don't have to follow everyone who is following you.. Why not simply follow artist who are interesting to you and seem worth following? Then it shouldn't really matter if they follow you back..

I fully agree with this comment. Though, to be honest, this doesn't affect me in the slightest.

@Joey

I'm trying to take better advantage of the Soundcloud Platform. Do you have any suggestions?

Well, dear friend don't be up-set for that. I fully understand your disappointment but don't be peaced-off.
I've the same issue with FB, RN, Twitter, MySPACE etc etc etc ... pfffff too many :)

Personally I act in the same way (the same principle) of "M.C. Exclusivo".
I listen to the tracks of everybody, even if sometimes it's not my genre and/or it's really far-away from my genre-&-tastes, I appreciate the effort and the work he/she made and I still following him/her

Another facts are the SoundCloud glitches, I had them as well.
I mean I was following a person and after 1 week, I saw I was not following him anymore. But I didn't choose to unfollow him.

Imagine if this happens with 3000 followers. You, me, no-one can have the control on it:)

Last edited:
I know this post is old but I had to speak on it

1. if they followed you but never once left a comment or favorited any of your tracks before they unfollowed you, then they weren't really a fan of yours in the first place. lose your ego.

How does he have an ego just for noticing people doing this nonsense? SMH

It's called noticing a trend and then asking about it. Nothing more, nothing less

2. some people unfollow people who aren't active, so if you aren't leaving comments or anything, you might want to start. it also helps to thank people when they comment on your music. don't act hollywood until you're actually making moves. if you have time to respond, then do it.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread.

3. there's a thing called "follow spam" where someone will follow you, wait for you to follow back, then unfollow you. people with too much time on their hands do this to get more followers on twitter, soundcloud, tumblr, wherever. you don't HAVE to follow anyone back.

Out of everything you wrote this is the only thing that pertains to the thread

I'm having the same problem is their a way to know who's not following you without going thru all your friends?

Last edited:
Anyhow, to be honest, the more I go ahead, the less I believe to "glitches".
On rare case indeed they are. No doubts. But not in all cases. They are too frequent to be classified as "Glitches". IMHO

Who cares? Thats the way I look at it. I'll only follow somebody if I like there music, not just because they follow me. So I also don't expect others to follow me just for me following them. If they pull the switcheroo yeah, its a dick move but I still like their tunes.

I've had some people unfollow me whatever, could me my music, samples, whatever reason but I try to give comments out fairly often.

Back