Read any good books lately?

GoodMoney

"...don't get lost."
They say, "the key to success is the people you know, and the books you read." I'm currently on, "How to Win Friends and Influence People," by Dale Carnegie.

This is a very interesting read and I'm almost done with it. The ideas put forth in this book have already benefited me where networking is concerned.

Here's some other books I have queued up:

- The Secret
- The Ajax Dilemma (Started this but Win Friends... was more interesting ha!)
- The Alchemist

Anyone know any other good ones? I'm not talking only 'self help' books either. All genres welcome.

Peace!

Of course it doesn't surprise me that a thread about books has gone nearly a day with no replies on this forum.
The last great book I read was Uncle Tom's Cabin. Excellent read.

I've read that Dale Carnegie book, was a good read. I'm gonna be putting an article up of a few books I'd recommend soon.

Reading Carnegie has taught me that schools don't teach us anything about how to be successful, or at least not directly. They try to teach us successful habits (homework = researching a client, attendance = punctuality, class participation = speaking up and problem solving in the workplace, etc), but the key to success in the US is networking. Carnegie teaches you how to do it, perfectly.

Can't wait to get into these other books too.

reading freud's psychopathology of everyday life. i try to build, and not from phony ministers or motivational speaker type bullshit.

What's that one about?

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Hey man I checked that thread out. I wrote down all the books you listed. I'll get to em eventually ha! Got beats to make tho

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Oh, so hitting the reply button doesn't actually mean you're replying to that person...cool.

The first reply is for pumpthrust and the second is to omek.

The Bible is a good one too.

I believe it was Ghandi who once said, "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians."

I read The Willows by Algernon Blackwood recently, really good classic horror. Two guys are camping on a small island and stuff happens. It is really good and it's free on project gutenberg, I highly recommend it.

I'll check it out

---------- Post added 08-05-2012 at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-04-2012 at 09:29 AM ----------

Just finished How to Win Friends... and it was pretty dope. Just started Think and Grow Rich. Lets see how it goes.

First to Die by James Patterson is the only one that's really noteworthy recently. Other than that it's been all manga.

What's that one about?

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Hey man I checked that thread out. I wrote down all the books you listed. I'll get to em eventually ha! Got beats to make tho

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Oh, so hitting the reply button doesn't actually mean you're replying to that person...cool.

The first reply is for pumpthrust and the second is to omek.

You don't know about Uncle Tom's cabin? Google, my friend. Then, go buy or borrow a copy.
More great reads.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (complete version with all the stories)
Animal Farm (my all time favorite book)
The 48 Laws of Power
Manchild in the Promised Land
Things Fall Apart

Last edited:
Sometimes I will borrow an audio book from the library and listen to it while I am working around the house, the last good one I got out was Animal farm.

You don't know about Uncle Tom's cabin? Google, my friend. Then, go buy or borrow a copy.
More great reads.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (complete version with all the stories)
Animal Farm (my all time favorite book)
The 48 Laws of Power
Manchild in the Promised Land
Things Fall Apart

1984 was really good, I did like Animal Farm too, and soon after I finished it I read a non-fiction book on North Korea and the similarities were really stunning. I've only read the first Hitchhikers Guide, I'll have to get on with reading the others. I do have them but I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I've been into a Lovecraft and Lovecraftian horror kick lately so I've been reading those sorts of books.

Anybody read any books by Daniel Quinn?

Ishmael and The Holy are great books to check out.

Anyone like Terrance McKenna's work?

Man, y'all are dropping mad titles on me right now. Adding them all to my read list. I been working crazy so I haven't read anything in a few days.

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Now that I think about it, I think I've read Things Fall Apart in college. Gotta check my old books.

Back