OZ Vs. The Wire

D

DJ R. Sun 84

Which do you think is better? Both shows share some actors and have gotten props from the likes of Paul Mooney and Stephen King. Although both shows are based around criminals and their lifestyles, the consequences of their actions but also goes a step further and gets into the inner workings of their minds which can get deep (no pun intended on Oz' part). You also have to pay attention closely to story and 'read between the lines' of some of the scenes. I still find something new when I watch an episode of The Wire even if its a small thing.

oz+meloni+shower.jpg

OZ!

wire hands down...it was a lot more realistic.....oz was like a soap opera....

oz jumped the shark...the wire was hot till the end...

Last edited:
I used to watch both series a lot back in the day.. I'm going to buy the seasons on DVD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wire is my shyt!! season 3-5 is where it is at. Can't believe they took Omar out like they did!

The Wire.

Each season of the wire was based on how the drug trade affects specifics segments of society.

1) The Hood
2) The Working Class
3) The Political System
4) The Education System
5) The Media

The way that The Wire ended was the BEST ending that I've seen of ANY TV series...

It was so dope how they tied up every loose end, in the last 5 minutes. Showing how the cycle just perpetuates itself...

Dookie became the new Bubbles
Mike became the new Omar
Marlo became the new Stringer

etc...

Exactly how it happens in the hood. All the roles still get played...just by different characters.

The Wire.

Each season of the wire was based on how the drug trade affects specifics segments of society.

1) The Hood
2) The Working Class
3) The Political System
4) The Education System
5) The Media

The way that The Wire ended was the BEST ending that I've seen of ANY TV series...

It was so dope how they tied up every loose end, in the last 5 minutes. Showing how the cycle just perpetuates itself...

Dookie became the new Bubbles
Mike became the new Omar
Marlo became the new Stringer

etc...

Exactly how it happens in the hood. All the roles still get played...just by different characters.

You forgot one...

When you think you got something locked, someone will come along and fvck it all up

man, Oz was really good, with the narration style and content but The Wire was pre jail and that alone makes it easier to enjoy...lol

After getting caught... OZ

Chance of getting away with it... The Wire

OZ was good, but all the sodomy, rapes, and shower scenes I could have done without. But then again, that may have been the draw for most folks.

The wire was nice. I did not see the last season but the Second to Last one was nice.

asnoop.jpg

^ Snoop look like she'd get that ass... Just saying!

OZ was good, but all the sodomy, rapes, and shower scenes I could have done without. But then again, that may have been the draw for most folks.

The wire was nice. I did not see the last season but the Second to Last one was nice.

asnoop.jpg

^ Snoop look like she'd get that ass... Just saying!
lol... that's her all day... with her harda$$...

I would have liked to see Omar stay until the end, getting taken out by Kenard (after going gun for gun with Wee-Bey and the Stanfield Organization) was just weird but still made sense. Augustus' narrations on Oz definitely kept folks coming back to see what he'd say next episode. He was probably one of the most intellectual characters I'd seen in any TV show. The Wire should have gone on longer than it did. There were enough crews and potential story ideas to shift focus on. They could have done something about the New York crews that came down to B'More to hustle. Jamaican gangsters have been known to have political ties so they could have focused on Kintels crew and bought in a story based on that.

Both shows are great, the wire is better tho. It may be the best show ive ever seen. Troup broke it down so beautifully, Nothin more needs to be said. I wish they would have kept it going.

The Wire should have gone on longer than it did. There were enough crews and potential story ideas to shift focus on. They could have done something about the New York crews that came down to B'More to hustle. Jamaican gangsters have been known to have political ties so they could have focused on Kintels crew and bought in a story based on that.

But that wasn't the point of the show. The whole intention of the series was to illustrate how the drug trade affects different segments of society.

In the 5 seasons, they covered all of them.

There was nothing new left to cover.

I think they did a great thing by letting it go. The Wire went out on top. It didn't get dragged on too long, and go out like X Files.

i have every single episode of the wire downloaded on my computer

man oh man that first season was tuff
2nd season was straight a$$ tho
3rd season, WHEWWWWWWW
4th season, VOLCANIC FIRE!!!
5th season made me wanna cry it was the last time ima get 2 see it =[

amazing show, the wire wins aint nothing topping that show

But that wasn't the point of the show. The whole intention of the series was to illustrate how the drug trade affects different segments of society.

In the 5 seasons, they covered all of them.

There was nothing new left to cover.

I think they did a great thing by letting it go. The Wire went out on top. It didn't get dragged on too long, and go out like X Files.

I understand what your saying but the show could have gotten at least 1 or 2 more seasons. I remember reading how they wanted to do something about the Latino community in Baltimore but didn't have enough info on it. I think they could have done somthing on Immigrants that settle into those Baltimore Hoods and why New Yorkers go down there to hustle (also shown in the mini series The Corner). I wouldn't even mind watching Wee-Bey find religion or turning his life around (but then it would probably turn into Oz). I agree it did wrap up nicely before any chance to mess it up came along. I just think they could have shown more segments based on other true to life situations that the drug trade also affects. Maybe I'm just being greedy, can't blame me for it.

I could never get into Oz. i never been to Prison, but I been to jail on enough short stays that I don't wanna watch a show about sitting in a cell.

All it does is remind me of when you have that dream you out in the world doing some reguilar sh*t like picking out an outfit to wear, and wake up in that concrete box with no windows to eat that cafeteria breakfast that's sat in that heated tray for 30 minutes getting cold, but still warm at the same time.

F**k jail.

i have every single episode of the wire downloaded on my computer

man oh man that first season was tuff
2nd season was straight a$$ tho
3rd season, WHEWWWWWWW
4th season, VOLCANIC FIRE!!!
5th season made me wanna cry it was the last time ima get 2 see it =[

amazing show, the wire wins aint nothing topping that show

How could you not like Season 2, that showed how deep the drug trade goes so the distribution will never stop. It showed how ineffective the U.S.'s War On Drugs is if we have the Mainline into the country protected by immunity or inside connections in Washington.

To quote Jay: Now If You Can't Respect That, Your Whole Perspective is Wack.

Also the opening scene of Season 4 may be one of the funniest damn things I've seen on television.

Last edited:
OZ was good, but all the sodomy, rapes, and shower scenes I could have done without.

Co-Sign. That's what really kept me from ever getting into Oz. The Wire on the other hand is my fav. show of all time. I started watching at the 4th season & after watching it i was hooked & had to go back & watch season 1-3. I wished it wouldn't have ended also but the ending was perfect.

My fav. character had to be Snoop though.

Back