Need help with monthly budget

AG Beats

Ive never lived on my own before and Im trying to figure out how much it will actually cost. Is $600/mo safe to say for "utilities" .....

It sucks cause this kind of thing you cant know the price for until youre actually going to move or whatever...but i want to have a monthly income goal so I can start working towards achieving that monthly. You guys think $600 should cover electric and I guess...water...sewage? Idk what else and I know its diff by area but what are you guys averages?

I've lived out of home for 2 years with my GF. We were paying $300AUD a week. What I've done is every pay that is sent through to my account from work I have $50 debit ( I get paid fornightly, so if you get paid weekly you could debit a lot less ) from my account straight to each on of my bills ( water, gas, electricity, wifi and mobile). That should keep you in credit with your bills.

With food and living products I put a max amount of $100AUD each pay into it.

I don't know if that helps. The most important thing is food and other living expenses IMO as long as you have rent sorted.

Good luck with it dude. It's a massive learning experience abut heaps of fun.

Yeah, so far I have $350 USD alloted for food/toiletries and saying $600 for things like electric/heat/water or whatever. I think that should be safe. Ive got some saving to do! lol and job hunting

I think that should be more than enough which is good. I think the best advise I can give you (learning from my mistakes) is make sure you know your priorities, I messed up a lot and was behind on bills for ages. MAKE SURE your AHEAD on putting cash away for bills food, etc... Once your behind on it all, it's a b**ch getting back up to scratch with bills. I f**ked up my first time and was renting some where that was way over my budget & was behind on bills (too busy spending cash on going out and clothes LOL), not just that but I was on a 1 year contract. Was s**t dude, so glad I'm out of that mess lol.

K ▲ L Y Y U G ▲;49462015 said:
I think that should be more than enough which is good. I think the best advise I can give you (learning from my mistakes) is make sure you know your priorities, I messed up a lot and was behind on bills for ages. MAKE SURE your AHEAD on putting cash away for bills food, etc... Once your behind on it all, it's a b**ch getting back up to scratch with bills. I f**ked up my first time and was renting some where that was way over my budget & was behind on bills (too busy spending cash on going out and clothes LOL), not just that but I was on a 1 year contract. Was s**t dude, so glad I'm out of that mess lol.
Yeah ive never been one to be behind. Before I even move out I plan to have 3 months backup saved up lol. I aint hurtin to get out the crib that bad Its just something I want to plan for because its in the near future! Thanks for the input bro, i really appreciate it!

theres also some templates you can download, if u got like word, excel, or numbers for mac.
it might be able to help you out.

you know what really is a good idea?
use mint.com.
its legit. you can link your banks to it to see where your money is going and make a budget.
you cant transfer money through it so its safe. check it out. i love it.

Back