Thread: Need help with monthly budget

Thanks

Need help with monthly budget

Sign in to disable this ad
    Ive never lived on my own before and Im trying to figure out how much it will actually cost. Is $600/mo safe to say for "utilities" .....

It sucks cause this kind of thing you cant know the price for until youre actually going to move or whatever...but i want to have a monthly income goal so I can start working towards achieving that monthly. You guys think $600 should cover electric and I guess...water...sewage? Idk what else and I know its diff by area but what are you guys averages?
    Intergalactic space man trying to find his sound that's lost on planet earth. Once powers are harnessed revolution will spark

Thanks
    I've lived out of home for 2 years with my GF. We were paying $300AUD a week. What I've done is every pay that is sent through to my account from work I have $50 debit ( I get paid fornightly, so if you get paid weekly you could debit a lot less ) from my account straight to each on of my bills ( water, gas, electricity, wifi and mobile). That should keep you in credit with your bills.

With food and living products I put a max amount of $100AUD each pay into it.

I don't know if that helps. The most important thing is food and other living expenses IMO as long as you have rent sorted.

Good luck with it dude. It's a massive learning experience abut heaps of fun.

Thanks
    Yeah, so far I have $350 USD alloted for food/toiletries and saying $600 for things like electric/heat/water or whatever. I think that should be safe. Ive got some saving to do! lol and job hunting
    Intergalactic space man trying to find his sound that's lost on planet earth. Once powers are harnessed revolution will spark

Thanks
    I think that should be more than enough which is good. I think the best advise I can give you (learning from my mistakes) is make sure you know your priorities, I messed up a lot and was behind on bills for ages. MAKE SURE your AHEAD on putting cash away for bills food, etc... Once your behind on it all, it's a b**ch getting back up to scratch with bills. I f**ked up my first time and was renting some where that was way over my budget & was behind on bills (too busy spending cash on going out and clothes LOL), not just that but I was on a 1 year contract. Was s**t dude, so glad I'm out of that mess lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by K ▲ L Y Y U G ▲ View Post
    I think that should be more than enough which is good. I think the best advise I can give you (learning from my mistakes) is make sure you know your priorities, I messed up a lot and was behind on bills for ages. MAKE SURE your AHEAD on putting cash away for bills food, etc... Once your behind on it all, it's a b**ch getting back up to scratch with bills. I f**ked up my first time and was renting some where that was way over my budget & was behind on bills (too busy spending cash on going out and clothes LOL), not just that but I was on a 1 year contract. Was s**t dude, so glad I'm out of that mess lol.
    Yeah ive never been one to be behind. Before I even move out I plan to have 3 months backup saved up lol. I aint hurtin to get out the crib that bad Its just something I want to plan for because its in the near future! Thanks for the input bro, i really appreciate it!

Thanks
    theres also some templates you can download, if u got like word, excel, or numbers for mac.
    it might be able to help you out.

you know what really is a good idea?
    use mint.com.
    its legit. you can link your banks to it to see where your money is going and make a budget.
    you cant transfer money through it so its safe. check it out. i love it.

Thread Information