The Music Industry Isn't Broken....It's Changing

Desire Inspires

Excerpt: "I hear a lot of talk about how the music industry is dying, and maybe it is. That doesn't mean music is going away, or that musicians will stop existing. Musicians have existed for hundreds of years and from the time of Beethoven till now musicians just have to adapt to the change. From my perspective this is the best time EVER to be a musician.

The walls that were put in place by the big labels and high level industry players are being broken down, and the opportunities that indie musicians have are enormous. This is a great time in the history of music to be a musician, so maybe the current music industry is dying, but the new music industry that is emerging is awesome for musicians that are willing to work hard...........

So I hear all the time the music industry is dying, but what I see is a new music industry that is being born. A new music industry that is forged on the backs of musicians that are working hard to change it and make the new technology work for them, not against them.

Musicians that take advantage of the new opportunities and adapt. The ones that are successful at adapting to this new music world are the ones that will ultimately benefit, and be able to accomplish their dreams of being professional musicians."

LINK: The Music Industry Isn't Broken...It's Changing | Day in the Life of a Commercial Musician

There it is folks. The end of times are not near. Only those who worry are suffering. Everyone else is adapting and changing and focusing on new opportunities. The old ways die out but new ways are born. The cycle of life in a nutshell.

Oh yeah, please check out my pal Arthur D. His new track is in my signature. Thanks!

Last edited:
The truth is every industry changes and the music industry is no different but let's be honest, much of the info about how to "make it" in the new music industry that focuses on SEO, analytics, etc. is aimed at those who have already had the old methods of what people thought and still think is success such as selling tons of albums, etc. and honestly every person who wants to be artist in today's music industry climate is going to have to have a "day job."

Last edited:
What I dont get is why Majors are too ignorant to adapt.

Its like they are too afraid to change, or just too subborn. Look at Movies, Television, Video Games, all these industries are prospering in the light of the digital age, but when it comes to music, its like its the weed among flourishing flowers.

Last edited:
Yes changing for the worst. But that's only radio, and only people that listen to this new shit are people who want to fit in. True i don't want to listen to conscious music in the club, i want to hear shake your booty music in the club, but when I'm driving to work I'm not in the club. Radio is nothing but Lil whiny ******* these days, which is very bad for the kids to listen to. If you have no kids then it's very hard for you to understand. My kids bus driver plays that shit on the bus, so they're soaking all the lyrics in. But good thing they have good role models in the household, cuz if not my boys would be running around in Lil mini skirts screaming thug life.

But of course it's all about the success right, Money! Premier and Guru said they have to tell the truth on the mic, cuss God is listening and he test everyone.

Anyways Desire, you talk so much about success and money, and how you would give up your virginity for the money, seems like you're rolling in the dough. So tell me how much you got man, have you sold out yet.

Last edited:
Yes changing for the worst. But that's only radio, and only people that listen to this new shit are people who want to fit in. True i don't want to listen to conscious music in the club, i want to hear shake your booty music in the club, but when I'm driving to work I'm not in the club. Radio is nothing but Lil whiny ******* these days, which is very bad for the kids to listen to. If you have no kids then it's very hard for you to understand. My kids bus driver plays that shit on the bus, so they're soaking all the lyrics in. But good thing they have good role models in the household, cuz if not my boys would be running around in Lil mini skirts screaming thug life.

But of course it's all about the success right, Money! Premier and Guru said they have to tell the truth on the mic, cuss God is listening and he test everyone.

Anyways Desire, you talk so much about success and money, and how you would give up your virginity for the money, seems like you're rolling in the dough. So tell me how much you got man, have you sold out yet.

Hah thats the same with many others on this site. They got all the answars but still release songs on a forum lol.

What does having answers and posting your music have to do with each other, other than Desires music and his post not adding up.

P.S. haven't posted any of my material yet but if you ask you shall receive.

Back