How do you wind down after a day of producing?

Olie

Serious question... It's impossible to shut down the damn daw and go to sleep and even if i do i feel restless and hyper. :berzerk:

i will not wind down until i find most of the sounds i search for.after that...i do what ima do.I blame good producers.they make me want to make beats, makes me mad that i dont know the word for that feeling of awe :/

Playing video games is a good way to wind down. Also doing some physical activities is a good way to escape the realm of beatmaking for a while, although one never truely escapes, it's always on my mind :D

Playing video games is a good way to wind down. Also doing some physical activities is a good way to escape the realm of beatmaking for a while, although one never truely escapes, it's always on my mind :D

that's what I do. Besides, I have a wife and a kid, so basically is the other way around: I don't have much time to do music.

watch those weird ass adult swim cartoons and just chilllll

if im tired ill just sleep, otherwise ill grab a few cans and watch some movies or head into town

I listen to my track over and over while I toke my ecig and drink coffee/tea. I used to do drugs, but I've been in NA for months now.

Work out. The endorphin release helps with the music I feel. To be very honest, I feel like I can make my best dance tracks after a good workout, otherwise I tend to get lost in the musicality of the track. If not a workout, then I'll listen to what other producers are putting out because when I'm not making music, I'll be listening to it (with a few drugs in my system or not) and top it off with some light political reading.

Work out. The endorphin release helps with the music I feel. To be very honest, I feel like I can make my best dance tracks after a good workout, otherwise I tend to get lost in the musicality of the track. If not a workout, then I'll listen to what other producers are putting out because when I'm not making music, I'll be listening to it (with a few drugs in my system or not) and top it off with some light political reading.

Interesting observation about working out.I will test that. :)

Back