How do you come up with names?

FPS

I make stuff without lyrics and for me the hardest part is always the naming. Any suggestions?

It's hard coming up with names especially for songs you make... I usually come up with a quick name that describes or represents the beat! Then after I finish the mix & master I then get in my zone and visualize the beat, I think of lyrics to go with it and the different artists that the beat can fit then BOOOOOM I come up with a good name!!!

I have a .txt-file with a bunch of names I find interesting, names that I just spontaneuously come up with during the week.

Use something that shows or is related to what inspired you to make that song.

This.

Are you trying to get these beats into the hands of rappers/artists?

I've found that when working with amateur/semi-pro rappers and artists, usually they want to change the name of my beat to fit their lyrics, but sometimes they don't.

I had a sullen, kinda gloomy beat called "Only Ash Remains", and this great rapper FiveOne worked that line into the hook. He went down the same road lyrically that I was going down musically with it, and it came out great. The music fit the script, but I feel like the beat's name had some influence on him as well.

So if you're somebody that wants the eventual full song (with lyrics and rapper) to stay within the mood your beat gives YOU, then name it after what inspired you - or record a hook on it before you release it. If you're not concerned about the final product, then you might as well use descriptive names like "Jazz Saxophone Beat" or "Chill Beat", so at least your potential artists/rappers know what to look for on the list. Nothing wrong with that.

I usually just date the project and specify the main instrument. Then when all is said and done, I name it based around synonyms of basic emotions. For example, Noctambulant Quest, which means a journey by walking at night. Just whatever emotions can be described by the songs feeling.

I've put names in a hat and picked out three names that i think I would like. baically I just think of names in my head of what i think will sound cool, and buy a tag from major voice tag people and or myself.

Names for beats? I just keep them organized numerically with the genre. So first hip hop composition I wrote is HipHop1, HipHop2, etc.

Back