Drinking and Producing

streetstruck

My beer always get's cold. Anyone else have this problem when drinking a brew and making music? I get to enthralled.

Oh yeah lol. Whenever I drink or smoke, I tell myself "I am going to make the sickest song", but once I start, I keep on having bathroom breaks or food breaks, then I usually end up looking at cute videos of cats. EVERY TIME

Oh yeah lol. Whenever I drink or smoke, I tell myself "I am going to make the sickest song", but once I start, I keep on having bathroom breaks or food breaks, then I usually end up looking at cute videos of cats. EVERY TIME
I do that even when I'm sober. lol

My beer always get's cold.

You might be drinking now cause you probably meant- your beer gets warm. lolz.
If it's that serious, get a mini fridge in the mix room or close by or get a cooler or buy beer in smaller bottles.
I find that tallboys (and 40s [lolza] always get to the same level and then sit for a long time.

Also, being buzzed is fun at the start, but then annoying when I get to the fine tuning stage and my fingers won't do what I tell them. And it's annoying (and kills the buzz) to focus through the haze and struggle to concentrate on a small detail.
Better to make music clear-headed and listen back toasty.

Otherwise, any interruption is bad. I never know when the zone is in effect until I'm brought out by a phone call, text or visit. You answer like WHAT DO YOU WANT??!!! And they be like' um...I'm just returning your call from an hour ago. You said call you when I get in- it's important.'

i use an mpc 1000 as a sequencer and edit my samples in soundforge and chop them in recycle. i do all the difficult stuff (picking out samples, chopping them up, loading the pads on the mpc) sober usually, because i don't wanna do hard work baked cuz it makes me a little lazy. then i'll smoke a small amount of herb before i bang on the pads sometimes. then i record the song after a while, and smoke more before mastering.

i actually quit drinking because of the negative effect it had on my producing and weightlifting, it keeps me from getting things done. i drink on rare occasions, like when i'm ski'd up. i've drank once in the past month because i was geeking hard off the snow and i needed to chill out but i'm definitely not a big hard drug user, the only things i do regularly are herb, caffeine, and nicotine. and i quit smoking, i'm on the e-cigarettes now.

Whenever I drink and TRY to make beats, my attention spans usually gets weaker on my laptop screen and stronger on my girls ass...

The key is to drink a lot fast, that's what I found out with drinking and making music. You got to use that burst of energy from the buzz, and just go wit it.

i usually drink slowly when producing so i dont get as drunk but just enough of a hit to relax and get more focused. once your in that zone you block out everything else and you can work a lot faster.

IDK about producing... usually a clear head helps.
If you're digging in the crates it might be inspirational (record your thoughts and approach it at a later time).

Now as for calculus and mathematics it works wonders

*Disclaimer: not enough to be drunk though

Same thing happens here, haha. I like to drink like couple beers to get the inspiration flowing but if I drink more so the whole producing is doomed. Can't focus anymore and end up doing something totally different. But couple cold beers are like heaven. Hmm, might get few right now!

I don't mind a few beers when I'm producing I just take it slow

lol I think it affects everyone differently for me it actually enhances my creatvity like Ray Charles when he use to get high lol. the trick is though is to not overdo it. When you come back to listen to the track in the morning if you are totally wasted the night before it sounds like straight trash. I have made some of my banggers while toasted.

This is how i see it. Don't drink or smoke when producing. It's a no no, cus you won't be in your full senses with the track. Once you feel that you've got a dope track, and ready to master and mix, then smoke or drink, cus you don't have to worry bout ****in up da song to much ya digg

I can be helpful for inspiration for the first 1 -3 beers. U get that buzz going but not sloppy. It can help to find the basics of the song you want to work with.

But yeah, if I wanna get intricate with it, and I'm more than 3-4 beers in, it's just not happening. I keep doing the same shit over and over and it takes me way too long to do something simple.

Back