Does anyone eat while working?

siydock

I find I do my most efficient work when I just ate/ or haven't eaten in a while. I find eating between mixing can help with ear fatigue, what do you think?

When working on a beat I tend to be focused and treat it as if I am working. Half way though the session I usually stop, take a break let my mind reset and re focus which is the time I fill my belly. After that I go back to producing.

I have this habit, too, so I choose some non-calorie nuts, seeds or something like that. I want to eat and not get fat;)

I take a short brake and eat in a seperate room.
But i drink a lot of coffee :D

Last edited:
Food has a direct impact on our cognitive performance, which is why a poor decision at lunch can derail an entire afternoon.

Last edited:
Now during isolation it is important to be very careful in order to eat in the workplace. Then you may not recognize yourself in the mirror))

Yes, I usually make music after a workout so I would have a protein smoothie

-strawberries
-blueberries
-a banana
-oats
-chia seeds
-water
-rice protein

Never while working, but especially if your doing a longer session taking breaks is the best thing you can do with your overall productivity. I find that often times I want to sit down and just pump out an entire 3min in like four hours but even if its just like five minitues to drink some water it gives me to time to reflect and figure out where I want to go with the music. Also if your in a recording session at a studio your time is usually limited to around 2 hours and in bigger sessions (the kind I have never engineered) every might be costing thousands of dollars to pay for all the talent there- so in that case not a good idea to take a break to eat to say the least :)

I often use those eating moments to regroup my thoughts. Eating really calms my nerves, especially when things get stressful. :) I usually eat my comfort food, like burgers, pizzas, and pastas from my favorite joints.

Back