Do you still ask your parents for money?

H1N1PROOF

For the struggling individuals, do you still ask your parents for money? and If not, when did you stop asking?

I've been financially independent since I was 16 and It bothers me to see people my age (25 years old) ask their parents for money or have everything provided by them.

Last edited:
haha i feel it.. i been like that too.... i know a guy who has two jobs n still ask his momma for gas money.. im like bro for real? u 25 asking for money. im 21 trying to buy me a house.. haha.. props to you man..once i hit 16 n got a part time job my momma said no money for u no more... not like i needed it tho.

@kungfupandabat - people needs to understand the importance of responsibility. our parents aren't gonna be here forever to hold us down. if anything, we should be the one taking care of them at the end. big ups to you man, I respect people like you

Shiiit, I wish I could be able to get a job + at the same time make school, but where I live, you got to learn alot, if you want to go to college/university. From what Ive seen, most of things I got to learn in the last year before Abitur (Abitur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) are things, that in a normal country you got first in the university.

And makin money out of selling mixtapes or beats is very hard in here.

Treated!!
I dont ask nobody for money, I work for everything I have/get. Been that way for years now. If theres still cats that ask mama and daddy for loot then they need to realize that they got a life problem!

I think that depends on a lot of things. Age, how they were raised (people raised in rough life are most likely to support themselves), etc. Nothin wrong with getting your family to put you through college (if they can) but yeah being 30 and asking mommy for a new pair of jeans is pretty sad.

never asked nobody for money.. always figured out how to get it..

at 17 i took money out the register at my job... it sounds like some petty shit but I was pullin like 2-300 a weekend + a check for around the same amount every 2 weeks.. I was making about 400-600 a week off my first job lol.

then at 19 I was busting out mad overtime as a server & selling iphones making between 50-100/each on them.. so i was prolly making about the same money.. it was just way more time consuming...

then at 20 I was working at a female clothing store basically getting paid to talk to girls.. too bad they closed that shit was awesome..

now im struggling cuz its been damn near impossible to get a new job.. I've had places actually be like 2 seconds from giving me a start date & some bullshit happens n i end up not getting it..

so ive been writing rhymes for $$ lately... Its the least money for the most work compared to what ive done before...

I wanna start a online business now.. i've learned marketing pretty well i think i can nail it, i just need to commit to one idea & put it in motion...

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

how did yall dudes move out so early...?

Last edited:

at 17 i took money out the register at my job... it sounds like some petty shit but I was pullin like 2-300 a weekend + a check for around the same amount every 2 weeks.. I was making about 400-600 a week off my first job lol.

then at 19 I was busting out mad overtime as a server & selling iphones making between 50-100/each on them.. so i was prolly making about the same money.. it was just way more time consuming...

then at 20 I was working at a female clothing store basically getting paid to talk to girls.. too bad they closed that shit was awesome..

now im struggling cuz its been damn near impossible to get a new job.. I've had places actually be like 2 seconds from giving me a start date & some bullshit happens n i end up not getting it..

so ive been writing rhymes for $$ lately... Its the least money for the most work compared to what ive done before...

I wanna start a online business now.. i've learned marketing pretty well i think i can nail it, i just need to commit to one idea & put it in motion...

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

smh at this comment.

except the female clothing store part, that's that shit.

I'm on my 20s and I try my best not to ask my parents for money.
Although sometimes, when things really get rough, I ask them. I'd rather ask them than incur any debt.
Sometimes, they are the ones who send me money. I'm blessed to have such parents. Thank God. :)

I'm on my 20s and I try my best not to ask my parents for money.
Although sometimes, when things really get rough, I ask them. I'd rather ask them than incur any debt.
Sometimes, they are the ones who send me money. I'm blessed to have such parents. Thank God. :)

We'll at least you're appreciative and acknowledge the fact that you're blessed.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

damn bro, sounds like you were about that life lol

how did yall dudes move out so early...?

THIS

im 18 and sometimes i ask but i really try hard not to. The only thing i ever really ask for is some gas money here and there and i really dont go out much so the gas money is to get to school (college). My mom is going through forclosure and we both moved in with my dad (parents have been divorced since 4th grade but still get along good now adays) so its tough. Not a lot to go around. The town I live in is a tourist town, where the populatioon decreases by like 4 times in the winter so jobs are hard to come by. I used to trap (no shit) so i never had to ask my parents for gas money and always had bud to smoke to keep my stress under control. I was making money and saving up for a while but when we moved out of the area where i grew up (30-40 min away) i lost a lot of clientel. Started fronting to people to keep it movin in my home town but then i got stopped by the state boys with a 4 way in the trunk. Played it cool enough to get let go but at that point i realized my "need" to smoke weed and pay for my own gas/fast food/clothes/whatever was not more important than my freedom (ive done over 10 months already, yeah im dumb i made mistakes whatever). So i pretty much cut that out. Now i got no job and just trying to focus on school so i get some money from them sometimes and i started producing to take up the time where im not doing shit. So all in all yeah i still ask sometimes. But youre right they arent gonna be there forever, and it hurts the **** out of me to see my 50 something year old mom loosing her house with no job and my dad in his bad health surviving off disability. I gotta grind one way or another cause they aint gonna be able to support themselves (health wise) in a few years and then everyones ****ed. So basically i came to the realization not to long ago that taking care of my parents in their old age is gonna fall on my shoulders and i gotta start doing something to be able to help them. So im doin the school shit with producing on the side, hoping one day i can be good enough to make money doing this. Cause to be honest i would love nothing more than to sit around all day every day into the late night/early morn and make beats or rap or chill in the studio or whatever. Idk im kinda just rambling so imma cut it off soon but yeah idk im trying to reverse the me asking my parents for money and be able to set them up right one day.

If I asked my Mum for money She would prolly laugh at me, either that or slap the shit out of me!

I suppose it depends on your circumstance, if your parents can afford to give you money and still live comfortably I suppose there is no real problem. Asking your parents to go without in order for you to have a bit of cash is a b!tch move. I know a lot of guys do it though.

If I asked my Mum for money She would prolly laugh at me, either that or slap the shit out of me!

I suppose it depends on your circumstance, if your parents can afford to give you money and still live comfortably I suppose there is no real problem. Asking your parents to go without in order for you to have a bit of cash is a b!tch move. I know a lot of guys do it though.

Right? I never ask my parents for anything but gas money and half the time i dont have to ask. I couldnt imagine asking for like....going out money...or weed money or food money... And i have some savings in the bank I always bring up but my dad says I need to save it and he doesnt mind giving me gas money even though were kinda gettin slept on atm. So idk.. After my next semester starts im going to see if i feel like i can handle a job

Jesus it literally seems like almost all these post have had such rough times scary shit no doubt but respect non the less.

Back