do any of you wear glasses?

mylesp510

i wear glasses and for the past 3 years i have been wearing contacts. i did not properly take care of them and wore them longer than i should(i.e slept in them at night sometimes) doctor never said i had to stop wearing them, but i am thinking of like not wearing contacts for the rest of the year to take a break from contacts. i personally dont think i can rock glasses, but i wore them my whole life until 10th grade. im now 19 and only wear glasses at home when im not going anywhere.

what do you guys think about musicians wearing glasses and how it effects your image as a producer or rapper? i know 9th wonder, lupe fiasco, kev brown, mf doom and a few others wear glasses but they can rock them. what do you think about it? i can still wear contacts and be very cautious about taking them out when im at home, but what do you think i should do for my image as a rapper/producer?

im wearing sunglasses all the time, beacuse my eyes are in pain when i go out to sunlight

sunglasses are more like "I wanna hide myself from y'all" you know

im wearing sunglasses all the time, beacuse my eyes are in pain when i go out to sunlight

sunglasses are more like "I wanna hide myself from y'all" you know

my eyes are huge in glasses since the lens magnify my eyes and my prescription is a little higher than most peoples. i might just start wearing them again. im not sure about me as a musician. if i wasn't a musician i wouldnt care. too bad i couldnt get some cartier frames then i'd be set and wouldnt care lol

I do. My sight is bad. I have this sort-of "Family Matters" feeling towards myself about wearing them. I feel like a geek with the glasses on, but when I take em off, I feel like the cool handsome Steven.

I do. My sight is bad. I have this sort-of "Family Matters" feeling towards myself about wearing them. I feel like a geek with the glasses on, but when I take em off, I feel like the cool handsome Steven.

i wear my glasses in public, but nto like i used to when i was younger. this guy named shawn christopher came out with some mixtapes called i wear glasses 1&2. its kind of helped inspire me to be more confident. i was searching rappers who wear glasses and found him. i still would rather not wear glasses though.

i wear glasses and for the past 3 years i have been wearing contacts. i did not properly take care of them and wore them longer than i should(i.e slept in them at night sometimes) doctor never said i had to stop wearing them, but i am thinking of like not wearing contacts for the rest of the year to take a break from contacts. i personally dont think i can rock glasses, but i wore them my whole life until 10th grade. im now 19 and only wear glasses at home when im not going anywhere.

what do you guys think about musicians wearing glasses and how it effects your image as a producer or rapper? i know 9th wonder, lupe fiasco, kev brown, mf doom and a few others wear glasses but they can rock them. what do you think about it? i can still wear contacts and be very cautious about taking them out when im at home, but what do you think i should do for my image as a rapper/producer?

You can't be serious.....

Your music will speak for itself. Get some nice frames and keep it moving or stick with contact. Whatever you do don't make your self uncomfortable to impress others.

been wearing glasses since a little kid, i'm borderline blind. i wear contacts when i go out, but they're brutal, it's hit or miss on which day my eyes feel like they have cottonballs in them and get so irritated that i can barely keep them open, especially in sunlight. annoying when people think i'm high off my ass even though that shit is against my beliefs and i never touched drugs/alc. but yea, i mainly rap, if i ever meet up with people i wear my contacts. i look a lot better without glasses, broads tell me that, so even if it hurts, it's kind of necessary.

Last edited:
my eyes are huge in glasses since the lens magnify my eyes and my prescription is a little higher than most peoples. i might just start wearing them again. im not sure about me as a musician. if i wasn't a musician i wouldnt care. too bad i couldnt get some cartier frames then i'd be set and wouldnt care lol

dunno how is it when someone got problems with their eyes, but I assume there are some 'special' sunglasses for them. It looks good for musician, you know, imho

@up
lol, you're lucky that you dont act like you're high or something cuz i do and thats why they think im high lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently wear 3 different sets of glasses for different aspects of my eyesight: A reading pair (8"-14"), a computer/general local vision pair (20"-80"), a distance/tv viewing pair (80"+)

They all have those goofy neck chain things attached because it is sometimes the only way to safely and quickly change which pair you are wearing.

I prefer this situation to having a pair of trifocals or worse, Bifocals were a pain and whilst my current setup is a pain, it is much more manageable than trying to find the right spot in the lens to do something at a particular focal length.......

Some how I grew up with 20-20 vision when both of my parents can't see for shit without theirs but my vision has been acting up over the past 4 or 5 years and I do not want to get glasses on the other side I like chicks who wear glasses I think theyre sexy lol

I should add that because my eyes have different problems at different focal lengths surgery won't work for me :(

Break the mold.

If you're comfortable no one is gonna give a ****.

I wear glasses and contacts.. I do the same thing.. Leave contacts in for weeks at a time >_> .. But I've kept them out for a while now, wearing glasses, giving my eyes a break.

if you find a doctor who can do lasik for less than 2 grand, then post a link to his craigslist ad. come on coach, i've never met an adult who had to cop a new pair every other year, unless because of cataracts or being old as hell. although, then again maybe the surgery is cheaper over in aus. than the u.s.

Last edited:
Although hipsters wear glasses as a fashion accessory even if they don't need them (perhaps to discourage people from punching them in the face) I don't think you have anything to worry about if you have any sense of style, as you should be easily distinguishable and can therefore avoid any serious beat downs.

Back