Building Project

Deezel

^How do I change ths name
Ok guys, so I work in a fabrication lab and I love building things, but I can't think of anything to make/build. So it would be cool if you guys can post some ideas of stuff I can build for a project. Maybe even for a class project.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Some background info:
I would like to build something functional or something I can use around the house.
I have access to some powerful equipment
I have a degree in Civil engineering so I can build some things that involve electricity or wires but not anything that a Electrical Engineer would need to know.

Other than that, I'll accept all ideas no matter how crazy or obscure they may be. I like a challenge.

or even a metronome using nixies (bit more to it than simple counting of seconds but way cool if you can get the nixies to show the bpm and have another 1 indicate the beat....)

and seasons greetings to foggy... long time no see - snowing up your way is it not?

or even a metronome using nixies (bit more to it than simple counting of seconds but way cool if you can get the nixies to show the bpm and have another 1 indicate the beat....)

and seasons greetings to foggy... long time no see - snowing up your way is it not?

A happy new year to you Band :)
Hope you are well, it is indeed a long time.
Ahh life's ebb and flow and all that, it can sometimes move us mere mortals like dust in the wind.
In that, I have been railroaded down another route, still kicking, screaming and swearing! :)

Funny you mention a metronome, made (part of)one the other night.
Was quite surprised, the ones I have seen looked really robotic and "jerky", they must be using triangle or not scaling the tube drive correctly.

Must make a YouTube account sometime, so I can post stuff like this!

Back