To anybody who knows alot [or even alitlle] about cars, please respond.

Deezel

^How do I change ths name
So I'm about to get a new car but I've never owned a car before and never learned about all the things that are involved with car maintenance and care, etc. So I started looking online for some direction [I'm desperate] and I wanted to know if any of you guys can validate this list I found. It's basically a list of things I should check regularly to make sure the car doesn't fall apart while Im driving and stuff.

Automotive Maintenance Schedule - Regular Maintenance Intervals - When to Perform Regular Maintenance

Also, feel free to add your own input if you think this list is missing anything.

Last edited:
that is a pretty comprehensive list of what should be done

know that in some cases you need to have a repair man look at the job as there are some things that require equipment that is not normally found in a home toolbox/workshop -engine tune-ups and any thing associated with the cars computer should be left to those with the equipment and experience

Good to know. I've just been really skeptical about mechanics. For as long as I can remember, the one's I've known in the past have always tried to screw my dad over with his cars.

I had the opposite experience my dad was a mechanic, actually naval Marine Turbine Propulsion expert, aka generators and electrical power. However, the navy also trained him to do maintenance across the fleet which included refrigeration, automotive and jewellery.

So my expectations about mechanics are very different but I also know when they are trying it on - trouble is with modern cars and their on-board computers you will find it very difficult to do more than oil and fluid changes and tyre changes - maybe some bodywork and painting but that would be about it every thing else is managed by the computer and needs to be done using the external calibrating computer

good luck with it

Back