Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add / adhd

Thanks

Add / adhd

Sign in to disable this ad
    Perhaps ADD / ADHD doesn't exist in the sense that you would normally think about it...

Maybe these kids are simply gifted with the realization that there isn't much worth paying attention to these days?

-Ki
    Salem Beats

Thanks
    I never thought ADD/ADHD was labeled right.. I've been on almost every prescribable(sp?) medication for ADHD, starting middle school, and got off them around my junior year of high school. I don't feel like it's a deficit of attention, that attention is just put towards things that seem more important.

Most treatments for ADD/ADHD are a way for teachers and parents to cope, not for the real benefit of the child.

Thanks
    There is a kid over the road with ADD or whatever, dude is a little bastard (cause the parents are bastards), I'd wager a lot of the diagnosis is just a way for people not to take responsibility.

Ali'i why do you have 10 min silence in your beat? pay attention to what your doing, damn.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noblewordz View Post
    There is a kid over the road with ADD or whatever, dude is a little bastard (cause the parents are bastards), I'd wager a lot of the diagnosis is just a way for people not to take responsibility.
    This girl in the video below wanted to believe she had ADD and wanted to convince her parents that she had it. She apparently convinced the shrink to diagnose her. It's easy to display symptoms for something that you believe you have.

She got the drugs, they improved her attention span... So what? Alcohol improves my ability to socialize and makes me feel good, but that doesn't mean that I have chronic depression and an antisocial personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by noblewordz View Post
    Ali'i why do you have 10 min silence in your beat? pay attention to what your doing, damn.
    lmao

Thanks
    The 10 minutes of silence are there to help you cool down after the 3 minutes of intense face melting.

The medication is very dangerous, especially for young kids.. IMO.

Most of them are amphetamines, heavy stimulants, basically a legal speed..

Taken the way our physicians prescribe them (daily, with most lasting 12 hours), makes them a mind altering drug. It conditions the child into behaving a certain way.. I've seen it.. They look like zombies, no twinkle in their eyes.
    It kills innovative thinking.. It's disgusting really, what they aim for..

This is just my case, and those I've talked too, though.. I'm sure there can be SOME benefit to someone.

* In all fairness though, I occasionally do take some again, if I'm working on a project.. Can work on a track for 8 hours without leaving the chair hahaha.. Probably not healthy to do very often!
    Last edited by Ali'i; 03-29-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali'i View Post
    The medication is very dangerous, especially for young kids.. IMO.

Most of them are amphetamines, heavy stimulants, basically a legal speed..

Taken the way our physicians prescribe them (daily, with most lasting 12 hours), makes them a mind altering drug. It conditions the child into behaving a certain way.. I've seen it.. They look like zombies, no twinkle in their eyes.
    It kills innovative thinking.. It's disgusting really, what they aim for..

This is just my case, and those I've talked too, though.. I'm sure there can be SOME benefit to someone.

* In all fairness though, I occasionally do take some again, if I'm working on a project.. Can work on a track for 8 hours without leaving the chair hahaha.. Probably not healthy to do very often!
    Seriously, why not just give your kids 24 cans of Mountain Dew or 6 cans of Red Bull a day?!

Oh, that's right, insurance won't pay for that

Thanks
    I still have signs of it, nothing terrible though. I have put myself into a profession where don't ever have to sit for hours and hours. I am a teacher in Mexico that goes from business to business giving classes.

Thanks
    ADD and ADHD are physiological conditions, and not a response to social stimuli like an eating disorder. These things should not be taken lightly and professional help is often necessary. A medical diagnosis must first be made to tell if either condition is present.
    Last edited by dannysong; 04-06-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    We can help any troubled teen get back on the right track. Learn more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysong View Post
    ADD and ADHD are physiological conditions, and not a response to social stimuli like an eating disorder. These things should not be taken lightly and professional help is often necessary. A medical diagnosis must first be made to tell if either condition is present.
    I suppose I could say that my entire personality is a physiological condition, yes?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysong View Post
    Exactly! People that think they have ADHD they should undergo ADHD assessment with a psychiatrist. Do not self-medicate because it might worsen the situation.

Thread Information