You'll love this band if you love Tool!

steffeeh

So I recently went on an adventure to find a band that had the same basic characteristics as Tool has.

I googled, as well as asked for suggestions on different forums, but all I got was either bands that sounded nowhere like them (I got a bunch of suggestions on bands that actually were more nu-metal and completely lacked that light touch of prog) or people suggested old progressive rock (which isn't what I was looking for either), I bet I checked out 20-30 bands and I even checked bands with the same producers and engineers as Tool, but no one were even close....until!

Eventually I finally found 1 band!
And their name was..... A Perfect Circle!

No just kidding...
Their name was "Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disatser".

Of course they're no copy, but "my mission" wasn't to find a copycat of Tool, but a band with the same basic characteristics and qualities.
Even though this band make more instrumental music, they do a great job keeping the tracks interesting!

Check them out!

Last edited:
Yeah, this is great. Hadn't heard them before. There is some Tool there, though many other influences. Good stuff, this will get heavy rotation. Thanks for the mention!

Kewl!

I`d recommend a swedish band too, SOEN. They sound pretty similar to Tool, but unique in their own way. Check `em out! :)

Kewl!

I`d recommend a swedish band too, SOEN. They sound pretty similar to Tool, but unique in their own way. Check `em out! :)

I didn't know they were swedish :o
They're pretty good, but sometimes the singer can sound a little whiny :p It's like he loves to do that smooth Maynard Keena singing... all the time, and forgets to add some artistic dynamics to his singing

They're pretty good, but sometimes the singer can sound a little whiny :p It's like he loves to do that smooth Maynard Keena singing... all the time, and forgets to add some artistic dynamics to his singing

^I can agree with that statement. A tad more dynamics would help a great deal.

What about something like Gazpacho, Riverside, and Pineapple Thief? I think they are quite interesting too in my opinion. Riverside especially does contains many of tools qualities as well. Hope this helps mate :)

Yeah I'm very curious on the upcoming Tacoma songs since they switched their drummer and guitarist, hopefully the new drummer is just as restless

Wow, this sounds pretty cool. Not a huge fan of Tool, though, but I do like a couple of their songs; this one I really like.

Back