what do you think about rock & hiphop?

It's been done well in the past, on a limited basis. I'm a fan of groups like the Beasties, Chili Peppers, 311, Asian Dub Foundation - they all found a way to merge rapping with rock, and got popular doing so.

It's been done well in the past, on a limited basis. I'm a fan of groups like the Beasties, Chili Peppers, 311, Asian Dub Foundation - they all found a way to merge rapping with rock, and got popular doing so.

Shame on you for not mentioning RATM-shame on you....

3Oh3??? Anyone else other than me like those guys? Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Rehab, Cypress Hill, Sublime, Outkast/Goodie Mob, even Lil Jon have a mixture of elements from both hip hop and rock throughout their work.

Last edited:
3Oh3??? Anyone else other than me like those guys? Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Rehab, Cypress Hill, Sublime, Outkast/Goodie Mob, even Lil Jon have a mixture of elements from both hip hop and rock throughout their work.
You do realize most of what you named are the main reason rap/rock hybrids pretty much suck?

Last edited:
everything is in the ear and mind of the beholder - I neither condone nor condemn them on the grounds of poor quality but rather on their lyrical interest but that is a different matter entirely

Not a huge fan of 3oh3, but I can credit bands like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit for getting me into rap in the first place (though I don't listen to too much of them now).

I still shamelessly bump this song all the time though:

Sleaford Mods, from Nottingham, England. Kinda described as Punk-Hop... sounds like it too.

Don`t know if they can be qualified as "rock" though, but they sure have a hard hitting attitude most rock acts lack these days.

I don't agree with a lot of the people in this thread. I think that there is a lot of good hip hop with rock influences. The first example is the song "Smile" by Eyedea (may he rest in peace).

Back