remy shand

D

djmanik

alright, its not really rock at all, but remy shand's soul thing is incredible. i've been playing the cd nonstop, and i just saw him last night at the 9:30 club. it was insane! he had the entire audience totally into the show, and the bass was incredible (the 9:30 club is tiny and has a HUGE sound system)

me and my friend were the youngest people there (and the whitest) but it was soooooo good.

anyone who likes him and hasn't seen him live, please try to get your hands on liberate, his new live version. i think its on audiogalaxy.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wow, i love what this guy makes. Have listened to his album for like 500 time now . . .
Do you happen to know what synth does he use for those nice warm lead sounds?

Does he have live DVDs?

Remy is one disgustingly talented dude.

I doubt he has a DVD out, as he's fairly undiscovered still.

I remember watching the grammys a few years ago and being shocked that someone like Remy, who wrote, performed, mixed, produced, sang, played, arranged his entire album could get so little recognition as compared to Norah Jones, who completely hi-jacked the grammys that year.

Don't get me wrong, she's got a beautiful beautiful beautiful voice. but....... show up in studio, at this time, sing these words, go home. = 13 grammies?

I would suggest to anyone to go buy Remy's album "the way I feel". Even if you don't dig the neo-soul scene (or whatever the crit.'s are callin' him) anyone can appreciate the insane songwriting talent this guy has.

Sorry, bit of a rant :) I had my CD jacked a couple months ago... I guess i'm just missing it!

Back