Nine Inch Nails | Trent Reznor

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
Post what you think about Trent Reznor and his lifetime achievement "Nine Inch Nails". OnlineDJ.com will probably feature some story / documentary at some point in the near future.

Share your point of view on "the fragile" the latest album, etc..

Yes I like Nine Inch Nails... I think they will release a new remix album in a few months.

I must admit, I totally loved the fragile album. For some reason it sounds a lot more.. ahh.. finished? compared to their earlier albums, if you get what I mean. Have you already done the story? and if so where is it?:)

[Edited by -DigitalDreams- on 09-11-2000 at 03:06 PM]

Not yet no... It willc ome in time. Focusing more on electronic / Dj related music articles and features right now

Yeah, the fragile was really good. I love "The Great Below" a lot.

Well, Michael Trent Reznor is a prodigy. Pure genius even though rumor has him labeled as a "selfish *******." The Fragile I agree was a great album. Things Falling Apart is also a great remix album. I love his work from the angst filled Pretty Hate Machine to the pissed insecure Broken. The man is just a pure genius.

nin.jpg

The present music scene totally took a dive. We need someone like Reznor to dig us out. Also, if any of you have played the gothic Alice game, the ex-drummer of NIN did the creepy music and soundscapes. Did a nice job too!

I'd definitely have to agree with antisocial. Reznor is a wizard in his studio. He just produces so damn much sound, it's incredible. The music is engulfing. Gaah! I love NIN. The Fragile is definitely his best work yet. I'm glad it took him so long, because if it was rushed, it wouldn't have sounded as good as it is.

DJ Lush

Dlush said:
I'd definitely have to agree with antisocial. Reznor is a wizard in his studio. He just produces so damn much sound, it's incredible. The music is engulfing. Gaah! I love NIN. The Fragile is definitely his best work yet. I'm glad it took him so long, because if it was rushed, it wouldn't have sounded as good as it is.

DJ Lush

You got that right man. I wish I had his extreme power over music creation. "I want to be able to play bee's on my new sampler keyboard. I dont care what you have to do, just get them on the keyboard." The man replied "Yes, sir. Right away Mr. Reznor."

Maybe not exactly that! But, something like that I could dig up my old Guitar World Issue and look. Talk about the process they went through to create some of the stuff on The Fragile. There is actually a funny story about the chorus for "We're In This Together." I'll save it for a later day though.

nine inch nails was my fav band some years ago, and
the fragile completly fux0red me up, I loved it...

when I listen to the fragile memories of the good
ol' times appear and I feel fresh and the same time
quite depressed

trent is an ingenious producer, big probs to him

in the great beeeeeeelllllllowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

oh yah, btw, even tho nin is "rock/popindustrial" trent
reznor is a genious producer! he's skills for producing
electronica are incredible, he owns most of the techno
producers :)

Gave up

Hi all !

Well on the videoclip " Gave up", It is Marilyn Manson who plays guitar or is double ? :)

Bye !

Loonny Moon

Marilyn Manson was actually introduced by Trent Reznor, but then they had a discussion over some issues and well Manson "betrayed" his musical mentor...

Now they put aside their conflicts and you can also see Marylin Manson in NIN's video Star Suckers

trent reznor is pure geniouse, and he deserves all the awards that they can give him

I agree. A music genius is the right name for him.
I respect Trent very much.
And he's doing all that great music all by him self.

Respect to Trent!!!!
FISHI

Trent was in a movie called "Light of Day" (or something like that) with Michael J. Fox and Joan Jett.

He was in a really bad 80's punk band.

Back