Metal dudes hate rap?

Too many people listen to just one type of music. A good album is a good album, the musical genre shouldn't matter...

Whats cool is that the rappers is often the most difficult people to deal with in concerts,while these heavy metal dudes often is nice guys all the way!haha

Whats cool is that the rappers is often the most difficult people to deal with in concerts,while these heavy metal dudes often is nice guys all the way!haha
Not always, rap is more mainstream than metal so rappers usually have a lot of people following them around so they'd be more annoyed by people coming up to them. Not all of them are like that though, I guess it's just the type of person the rapper is.

Well I was a metalhead that turned to hip hop so that's easy. I listen to way more rap these days but I'll never stop loving metal. You know.. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Slayer, Overkill, Anthrax

I think people who "hate" a certain genre of music in its entirety is close minded. All genres of music can be appealing if done correctly.

Kind'a true I suppose but hey thats just narrow minded if you ask me, especially if you're a producer!! Inspiration comes from EVERYWHERE!!!

i like both metal and rap. i forced myself to like metal because i like playing guitar. i listen to all kinds of metal and enjoy it, but it took time. i think metal guys that like rap are scarce, but it's only because metal is a arduous task to play so you have to immerse yourself in it.

I'm a huge metal head and I love hip hop! (mainly older stuff like House of Pain, Run DMC, Jurassic 5). A lot of metal heads I know hate nu-metal (or rap-metal if you will). I absolutely loved Papa Roach's first album and was fairly upset that they changed their sound after that. I also hold Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory as one of my first loves in metal.

I always preferred to find ways to embrace it rather than reject it.

most metal dudes i know hate rap for the most part, but a lot of the same people like public enemy and to a lesser degree a tribe called quest.

My pops bought an iPod touch off some guy one time and i had to transfer every music file from that into his iTunes library. this guy's iPod touch had loads of classic rock and metal and all that, but I found a few Dilla joints in there with others that I forgot. but yo it was real surprising to me.

I just came across a review of the new El-P album on what apparently is usually a channel strictly for metal/hardcore music.

He mentions other hip hop that he enjoys like Wu-Tang and Quasimoto.

El-P is about has hardcore as hip hop gets though haha ..as one review I read said something like 'he sounds like a demonically possessed Public Enemy from the future' haha

He says he's heard the album 40 times now(it's not even out yet) and his favorite song is "Stay Down"..the least 'hardcore' of all the stuff on the album probably:

Here is the review:

Last edited:
Back