Kiddies with public tattoo ink

• Thread starter UnknownPriestKiller
  • Start date
U

UnknownPriestKiller

It seems to me that a lot of people with visible work put a lot of thought into it before hand. Recently I discovered a rant on quite a respected figure in the tattoo community's Myspace. I say rant, it was more like pure venomous hatred. It would seem that some find young people with visible ink, impatient and disrespectful, and they must all just think it's cool to have visible work. I'm 23, My first tattoo was on my shoulder, then my wrists, then I got a full sleeve. Then I moved to my hands, then neck and I also have a large part of my leg tattooed. It took me about two years to get the opportunity to get my hand tattooed by my idol, and then my neck by an artist I greatly admire, a lot of time, effort and thought was put into both of these. Even though I'm somewhat older and do have a fair bit of coverage, I might still be classed as young and "under-tattooed" to have such visible work, and I can't help but think that's kinda crazy! Sure I've seen some 18 year olds with kanji on their necks or poorly executed skulls on their hands, and you can almost tell they rushed into it, wanting everyone to see their new work as clearly as possible, and fine that to me is impatient and maybe even attention seeking. Basically what I'm trying to say is that not everyone who has visible work is disrespectful to the art, some people invest a great deal of time, money and effort into getting that particular location inked with the highest standard work possible. It's kinda funny to find prejudice within a community that tries so hard to divert it away from itself. Thoughts?

Kiddies with public ink

I feel that those young ones with public ink are all about the coolness factor of having a tattoo. (I'm heavily tattooed and STILL haven't mastered being cool )

Its clear these people have not lived in the real world where money matters. Its not really as simple as getting a great big whopping tattoo and thinking that everyone will accept it. They won't, people judge all the time, and there is still a stigma about being heavily tattooed.

Those young people with public skin tattooed would have thought long and hard, done their research, and thought about life as a responsible family person before getting tattooed, they would already be thinking the tattooed persons thoughts and not rushing into it.

I dunno if that makes sense, I can't really word it how I want.

I'm in the middle of getting my full sleeve done.. i have few other tats that can be "hidden" if i see it necessary, decided to get that full sleeve now that i have a steady job etc..

only thing that really bugs me on kids getting tats is when they don't research the background of the tattoos enough. specially peeps getting hearts or stars on them selves... hope those dumbasses don't travel to russia too often, lol.
Same for koi carps... there's so many different meanings in em.

Last edited:
UnknownPriestKiller said:
It seems to me that a lot of people with visible work put a lot of thought into it before hand. Recently I discovered a rant on quite a respected figure in the tattoo community's Myspace. I say rant, it was more like pure venomous hatred. It would seem that some find young people with visible ink, impatient and disrespectful, and they must all just think it's cool to have visible work. I'm 23, My first tattoo was on my shoulder, then my wrists, then I got a full sleeve. Then I moved to my hands, then neck and I also have a large part of my leg tattooed. It took me about two years to get the opportunity to get my hand tattooed by my idol, and then my neck by an artist I greatly admire, a lot of time, effort and thought was put into both of these. Even though I'm somewhat older and do have a fair bit of coverage, I might still be classed as young and "under-tattooed" to have such visible work, and I can't help but think that's kinda crazy! Sure I've seen some 18 year olds with kanji on their necks or poorly executed skulls on their hands, and you can almost tell they rushed into it, wanting everyone to see their new work as clearly as possible, and fine that to me is impatient and maybe even attention seeking. Basically what I'm trying to say is that not everyone who has visible work is disrespectful to the art, some people invest a great deal of time, money and effort into getting that particular location inked with the highest standard work possible. It's kinda funny to find prejudice within a community that tries so hard to divert it away from itself. Thoughts?

Do you have pics of your tats? I like seeing peoples tattoos.

I woud love to add one thing that no matter what is your tattoo experience you should always go for the best tattoo inks possible. So that you can get better results and hopefully long-living design. I hope everyone agrees with my take on tattoo inks.

Back