Jesus in the industry

Originally posted by Woodcock
God is real and he is alive. You just got to find him inside yourself not a church.

Yes she is, and yes you do, whatever form the Divine chooses to show you. Different paths, same destination....

Woodcock said:

Although we cant use faith and spirituality as an excuse to put aside pleaseing God with his commandments. Religion and spiritaulity are two different things but there are rules within religion that you carry with you. Because matter of fact religion was formed by the spiritual and faithful. It just transended into what it is today. Which is over run with cultist joining churches to bring down the name of Christ and build stereotypes. God is real and he is alive. You just got to find him inside yourself not a church.

BTW not accusing you of being wrong. You just opened a door for me to really say something that needed to be.

you were clear in your statements sir. i just dont lik ethe label of religion because EVERYONE and they momma is religious but that dont mean they doing the right thing. i base my life on what's in the bible. so many people refute the authority of a book that was written by a long list of men to allegedly pull the wool over our eyes. i have faith that God himself inspired it's development and i live by it.

"there is no other name given under heaven by which we should be saved but by the name of jesus."

it dont sound fair but that's what i believe. anyway how's the ol' loaves doing across the pond ol kenworth? :D still making bread like jesus used to?

kenworth said:

christianity doesnt equal good deeds,heard the phrase "with the zeal of the newly converted"?it usually turns people into sanctimonious holier than thou zealots.see head of korn.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

-Geoffrey

j-traxx said:
you were clear in your statements sir. i just dont lik ethe label of religion because EVERYONE and they momma is religious but that dont mean they doing the right thing. i base my life on what's in the bible. so many people refute the authority of a book that was written by a long list of men to allegedly pull the wool over our eyes. i have faith that God himself inspired it's development and i live by it.

This is exactly right

kenworth said:

please can you expand on that.

My point is, everyone thinks that Christians are "holier than thou" people and we're not all like that. We dont all downcast people. We just acknowledge the fact that everyone sins and needs Jesus. We also understand that not everyone believes the same. But, I for one do not think I'm better than anyone or that I'm "holier" than anyone. People think we are stuck-up prudes who never do anything wrong or see any wrong with ourselves. Thats the exact oppisite of a Christian. Thats why we are Christians. We arnt perfect, we have issues, we're flawed, we deal (and sometimes do) the exact same thing as everyones else. The difference is, we pray about it and believe that there is a way out and someone to help carry the burden of it all. Thats it. Nothing exclusive about it. Nothing to be stuck-up about, nothing to boast about. Anyone can do it. I agree with J-Traxx.

-Geoffrey

Back