Fav Smiths Song?

Jim Morrissey? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's spelled S-T-E-V-E-N.

any true smiths fan will get the underlying joke.

Every Day's Like Sunday

A Morrissey solo effort, but my fave.

Fave Smiths proper would be the one with the line "and if a double decker bus..." can't remember what it's called, can't find the CD to check :(

"There's A Light That Never Goes Out", one of my favorite tracks as well.

I was never into Morrisey's vocals, they are always near the notes he's trying to sing and I just hate that, I guess I never understood his point, but Johny Marr's guitar playing I liked, it was almost like anti guitar ?

MusickMan said:
... but Johny Marr's guitar playing I liked, it was almost like anti guitar ?

"anti guitar" is a great way to describe it. I've played Smiths stuff and it's like "WTF!!" - you need another set of fingers, a spare guitar neck, and a different brain. I have no idea how he evolved that style.

And mattu, yep, that's the track. I still can't find that CD though. This is what you get when you don't keep your collection in order. (The other half thinks it will take the "spontenaity" out of the CD collection).

re:the smiths...

"How soon is now". Johnny Marr's slide work makes this a Bo Diddley from hell track. It's also the only Smith's recording where Morrisey's vocals are tolerable. Generally he is unlistenable, but Jonny Marr ROXX.:D

Re: re:the smiths...

edard2002 said:
"How soon is now". Johnny Marr's slide work makes this a Bo Diddley from hell track. It's also the only Smith's recording where Morrisey's vocals are tolerable. Generally he is unlistenable, but Jonny Marr ROXX.:D

Generally?

I've never heard Morrisey for more than 5 seconds without wanting to puke.

puke

hahahaha! If Morrisey started a band called "puke" it would be "truth in advertising". How could any decent producer let a guy like that sing? "Unlistenable" was just being charitable, LOL.

Back