Deftones

LOL...yeh from what ive read about them thier entire days involve...wakinbg up, smoking weed, getting drunk,...playing thier 2 hr gig at night and then more weed and booze until they pass out! man i wish i was in that band!!

I would not survive

but i'd give it a damn good try!!

I wonder what they do when they're in the studio?

probably sodomize eachother and throw chickens out the window

from what ive read they do the same thing in the studio as they do every other day...smoke weed and drink, apparently terry date has no problem with this

Last edited by a moderator:
the deftones are sick and i respect all of their music, ideas, and performances. If you guys dig the deftones, check out Team Sleep. It's chino's side project. It's almost all ambient and chilled, and almost all electronic. Chino does vocals on most tracks. It's pretty cool stuff.

I'm not sure if it's out yet or not. I snagged a bunch of songs off *****.. but thats all I know so far.

Change (acoustic version)

that version is simply flawless, Its nice to see the minimal and emotional side of a heavier band such as deftones, but i still like the heavy stuff. Deftones a definate top 10 band of all times IMO.

white pony - new murderer - short and sweet and talk about massive wall-of-sound engineering...

i used to love the deftones. they motivated me to pick up a guitar and scream into a mic. then album after album they changed. i dont even know what the latest album sounds like. their style is this emmotional alternative **** that im just not diggin. don't get me wrong though. I love emotional music. But when its the deftones, id like to her some of that harder stuff like engine number 9 and 7 words some more often. I do like some of the stuff off white pony. Yea not really new, but oh well. There just wasn't anything quite like songs such as "Bored" and "One weak"... on the 2nd album i really liked "Around the fur, and of course "My own summer". Also on the Crow 2 soundtrack they had this crazy ass garage mix, "Teething". That was raw.

Ironically i know im complaining a bit, but now i think im going to go and find some of their new stuff cuz i read some good stuff about it in this thread.

::EDIT:: I left out Root! thats definitely one of their best songs. one of my favorite riffs to play by them.

Last edited by a moderator:
thefuzmixman said:
::EDIT:: I left out Root! thats definitely one of their best songs. one of my favorite riffs to play by them.

OHHHHHH YYEEEAHHHHHH!!!!!

gotta love that riff, they opened with it when i saw them on the white pony tour, you can't imagine just how good that was.

DUN DUN.....DUN DUN....cue mayhem

deftones are probably my favorite band of all time, adrenaline is responsible for everything musical in my life right now, which is alot. So my favorite album is definitely adrenaline, every song on that cd is amazing. The new albums and songs are very good as well, just not as important to me as adrenaline. The overall production on the new album is by far better than on adrenaline, but I dont think the songs are as good.

What other bands are you guys into? Deftones are one of the most calm bands I listen to. There is lots of very chaotic metal out there that Im really into right now. [mastodon, the end, converge, ion dissonance] just to name a few.

-chuck

Does anyone know anything about thier upcoming 2004 release.

it sounds quite exiting so far from what ive heard...

Back