Check This Band Out!

Wow I love Finger Eleven. Their album "Greyest of blue Skies" rules, and I heard their new self titled album is really good too. Drag you down = amazing fu*king song.

:monkey:

Poisonous_Monkey said:
Wow I love Finger Eleven. Their album "Greyest of blue Skies" rules, and I heard their new self titled album is really good too. Drag you down = amazing fu*king song.

I think its amazing that they still have a record deal.

I've seen them live and listened to the both CDs. Either version is terrible. Just noise. Not music. Lame lyrics and no stage presence help aid my opinion also.

Allrite. Well i still love finger eleven. But since we're on the topic of bands we DON'T like, i might as well bring this up.

I heard "War" by Meshuggah, and within the first 30 secs i had a splitting headache. I thought it was a horrible song, with no originality and the lead singer sounded like he had a frog down his throat. I think that some bands just try to focus on making the song as hard as possible, and tend to ignore the fact that THE SONG STINKS. Now that's the only song i've heard by them, does anyone know if the rest of their stuff is like that too?

99% of their stuff is loud and abrasive. That is one of the less technical songs though, most of their songs very few people can play correctly.

99% of their stuff is loud and abrasive.

Tell me what you guys think of this:
My friend said his band sounds like that, and all i could say was "heavier isn't always better" and he said "when you like heavy, it is."

Yours till monkeys rollerskate,

it depends on how you classify heavy.,things can be wall of sound distortion heavy or they can be technically heavy.,rhythymically heavy.,
jazz can be heavy.,i dunno

Well he meant distortion heavy. Heavier than Slipknot. And I said, if you spend all your time focusing on making the song as loud as you possibly can, how good is the actualy song going to be?

Yours till Monkeys rollerskate,

i dunno.,i think that if you distort something too much then it will just sound wank.,slipknot are heavy rhythymically and melodically its not all about the distortion..but this is just my opinion.,

kenworth said:
i dunno.,i think that if you distort something too much then it will just sound wank.,slipknot are heavy rhythymically and melodically its not all about the distortion..but this is just my opinion.,

He's hit it on the nose.

*Bows to kenworth in admiration*

You're completely right, which is why i love Slipknot. WHOOO! I have some ammo to fire at my friend. Thanx kenworth.

Yours till monkeys rollerskate,

Finger 11 is a canadian, Greyest of blue skies is an extremley heavy album, their previous album TIP has alot off ballads as well as some heavier tracks, check out ABOVE, and TIP. as well as drag you down , suffocate and sick of it all,
Finger 11 is the remaining members of a band formerly known as Rainbow butt monkeys, search Circles

Back