WTF is "Electronic" music?

S

Stickee

Doesnt the majority of music available today get "made" or "put together" electronically anyhow? Wuoldnt that make most music "electronic". Or does just need to sound synthetic and plastic (ATB for example)
to be considered electronic?

Well

Some "electronic" music are made by Dj's using EP's as U know. But the electronic part here this is not only the Drum machine and the bass machine.(Come to this later).
Actually alot of this is not even considered "remixing". The EP's are bought in very rare shops that sells Dj-equipment.
Some of these EP's consist of synth loops and other on synth-melodys. The DJ's can alter the synth loops using filters and BPM-Controlled Envelope Masks to make the typical German kind of melodies that you hear by Dj Jo and the kinds.
U see that this kind of "electronic" music is quite a mix of analog and digital composition, demanding a great lot of the Dj's making the music.
The definition of electronic music is music wich has its base on electronic instruments, but what can we say about this type of music? Since the base is actually analog (the EP) and the electronic part consists of alterition, what would you say?
http://djchriss.has.it

Nice one Stikee

Every genre of music is now using electronic equipment to make their music. From Sting to Peter Gabriel, they are all using samplers, synths, etc. So to catagorise a section as "electronic music", you would have to lump every artist into the same catagory.

In my mind I classify it as anything that doesn't sound natural. I mean, yeah everything these days do get bits added from some form of electronic devise, but some sound a little more natural than others.
The only thing that I don't get is if hip hop goes into electronic music or not. The music itself is made 99% by electronic devices, but many say it doesn't coz it's based on lyrics, which definately aren't made by electronics.

Back