What's everyone listening to??? (Summer '14)

*AJAX*

Hey everyone! I'm trying to discover new artist(mainly house) that you guys are drawing some inspiration from. I'll start with some stuff my buddy showed me recently.

Jimmy Edgar from Ultramajic's label is awesome. He has this really simple but effective style that's easy to get into. Most of the artist on Ultramajic are dope also!

Kaytranada is another artist I've been drawing inspiration from. It seems like any vocals he gets his hands on, he kills.

I don't mean for this to be just about one genre. I like other stuff too! I know most of us DJ so its coo to share ideas and information about what out there.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of House music, but a Deadmau5 sometimes don't hurt, right? Plus, my kid loves to listen to Deadmau5 songs, so...

Space Jesus has always been inspiring if you enjoy deep dubstep. DOTCOM is also pretty good if you like electro house

Porter Robinsons latest tracks is definately rocking on my soundsystem! Can't wait for the album that's due in august!
I also listen a lot to Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Darius and the latest album from Booka Shade.

Haha actually Deadmau5 is one of the main people who got me into producing dance music. Im a hip-hop guy who crossed over a couple years ago. His new stuff is OK, its not as good as his first big tracks IMO.
There are so many sub genres that its hard to keep up! What exactly is Deep Dubstep? lol. Ill check some of it out tho. I do fun with some Porter Robinson tho fa real! LOVE his sound design.

https://soundcloud.com/shemquestionmark

^^^^^^^^This right here tho!!!!! Has some Flume type vibs to it. Check him out.

Porter Robinsons latest tracks is definately rocking on my soundsystem! Can't wait for the album that's due in august!
I also listen a lot to Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Darius and the latest album from Booka Shade.

I'm diggin' his (Porter Robinson) new album. It's super dope. Definitely worth checkin' out.

Just don't get into the weird and fast psytrance yet, it can ruin your taste of goa.

I'm listening to some latin house ATM, except now, i'm listening to the last album of Philip Gorbachev.

Alvvays

I heard this one on a radio show and thought it was catchy. Posted on SC 4 months ago. Anybody else like it, or know other music that sounds like this? Tame Impala kinda does.

I used to DJ a lot go ago and psytrance when I was living up in Humboldt County, CA. It's good dance music!

Back